Northern UK MUni and Trials Days

yeah lets go to manchester.

that park looks good

Dammit!

How come we didn’t find that park on the mini-manchester ride we went on? It looks soo good!

Oh, a word about manchester, We got kicked off of pretty much every spot we went to!

Rock on!
Edd

Manchester looks great! Anyone here from Manchester, and knows where else to ride?

Matt - first time Ive seen you on here mate! Coker ride should be good tomorrow… the seafront is class for riding along :slight_smile:

Andy please feel free to make a website. Dont think there will be much to put on it until we get some pics, write ups etc, but when we set dates, they can go up, maybe a copy of the UK calender too? Also a link to this thread? :slight_smile:

NUTS - Northern Unicycle Trials Sessions. Can anyone beat MrBoogieJuice?

Joe,

the thing is, unless some1 knows spots in manchester, we wil be walking around like a few of us did last time.

i think the best plan would be to go to that skatepark for a bit, then ask some local skaters where the good skatebording spots are, i guess if there good for skaters there good for us.

manchester is like 30 mins on the train away from me, if that.

id be glad to meet people in manchester, and other places in the north, there arnt enough meets in the north.

oh and my brother saw a unicyclist in chorley walking down bolton road, the chances he sees this, or is even on this site are slim, but if you do PM me or add me on msn.

laters dale

Think ur right Dale: walking around randomly looking for places is adventurous but it’d be a lot easier of we had at least 1 person that is a little familiar with the area at least.

Think ur right Dale: Skaters are will probably prove invaluable for us if we can’t find anyone from Manchester. We should definately go even if no-one knows the are.

I emailed the manager of that skatepark in Manchester and they said
“Let me know if you need any directions or anything.”
I think they’d be happy to help us out with getting around and finding good places, but let’s just go anyway!

Come to Sheffield!
We’re lonley :slight_smile:

Website
Forums are really good for communicating ideas and developing thoughts. Needless to say, it’s pretty frustrating to follow a thread to find specific dates etc…
A website that simply says when the meet is and where would probably be vital for getting the message to people outside of our own social circles. It’ll also give people a clear idea of when they need to be on holiday and book things, instead of finding out last minute on a thread.

AndyC

Okay, should we make Manchester the first one then?

Anyone want to meet on the 13th or 27th Jan? (Remember 20th is EUM Hockey!!).

Joe,

27th sounds doable, 13th is not possibl for me because i would have exams on monday, so not rly doable but im up for 27th probably

either of those dates sounds good. But how about the 16th Dec or is that too soon?

I know Manchester fairly well but have never ridden trials there. I’m sure I can think of a couple of spots off the top of my head though.

This sounds like a great idea anywhere up north is good for me i’m quite happy to travel. The only problem you may have is the weather, if it rains your choice of spots is vastly reduced.
If you’re thinking of going manchester thats cool but be aware that i was there the other day and all city centre spots are off limit as it is a zero tolerance area for any sport like ours, we got kicked off loads of places and threatened with fines and stuff.
You might want to contact more local skaters etc who will know how to avoid all of that.

27th?

Good idea. I can’t imagine that unicycling is going to un-doable though, I bet people are still skating…

How is the 27th for everyone?

Kit, sorry mate i wouldnt be able to make the 16th :frowning:

The 27th Jan sounds okay for Manchester?! Is that okay for people? Hopefully we will find some skaters round there. Who knows the area, anyone?

Joe

Extra Extra! 27th is official (?)

It’s sounding official! Let’s make a new thread to attract people!

…I just asked if that was okay for people?

Should I start a new thread, i cant see that you’ve made one?

Joe,