Northern New Mexico Riders

I have just moved to Santa Fe, NM from southern colorado. I would like to meet some uni riders to explore Northern NM trails. I prefer downhill Muni but like street/trials pretty well too. Please contact me if you know of anyone or you are interested in riding. Nathan

Hello, unichomp!

I can’t help with your quest since I live 1500 miles away, I just wanted to wave hello. I used to live in New Mexico, (three years in Albuquerque and three years a bit north of Abiquiu). I love NM, I miss NM, I hope one day to retire and live there again.

I wasn’t into unicycling at the time, but I think Santa Fe and the area should be fantastic for riding. Best of luck!

1 Like

I will be in Cimarron, NM in a couple weeks with at least 1 unicycle. I am not planning to visit Santa Fe though.

Somewhere on this forum there’s a map with the locations of many riders. I tried doing a search yesterday and couldn’t find it. Also, check here:

http://www.unicycling.org/roster/index.php?country=usa

I manage to get into the Taos and/or Santa Fe area a couple of times a year. I’ll let you know the next time I’m in the neighborhood.

Oh yes, the map! I was looking at it the other day, and it’s here http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/VBGooglemap.php

Out of curiosity, are there really signs along the highways that say “GUSTY WINDS MAY EXIST?” I ask because of a Douglas Adams book.

1 Like

Now it’s my turn. I’m very likely moving to Santa Fe, NM, USA in July. Is there anyone here from that area? I hear there is tons of good muni in the area. I’m hoping to find a riding buddy to go exploring with.

And yes I already looked at the map. It’s almost bare in that part of the country :frowning:

Haha. Yes, those signs exist. I love the books, but don’t remember any reference to NM. I guess that I read them years before moving to NM 25 years ago.

Lars

Hi,

I’m sorry that I only see this now. I live in Santa Fe and started unicycling 15 years ago. These days, I Muni ride just about every day. Galisteo Basin Preserve is an especially nice place to ride.

Greetings,
Lars

Hi,

Are you still in Santa Fe area? I live there and have only meet 2-3 other Muni rides in the last 15 years.

Greetings,
Lars

Sorry dude. I only stayed in Santa Fe for about a year before moving again :frowning:

1 Like