North Jersey Clubs?

Are there any clubs in North Jersey? Just a question, I don’t even know if I can ride yet.

lol
e39m5

I am from North Jersey and ride weekly. Usually one weekend day and mosty muni. I only own a 24" at the moment but I have a KH20 on the way and enjoy trials also. What are your riding interests?

Where in North Jersey? I’m going to be in NYC/Montclair/Shrewsbury in late July, thinking about bringing my MUni. (I was born and raised in Madison).

Well, If I ever learn to ride (my uni is shipping), I am probably going to save up for a trials uni, because from what I’ve seen it looks cool. Trials is the one where you jump on things and do tricks, right? MUni looks a little suicidal. Where do you MUni around here anyway?

e39m5

I live in West Caldwell ( 07006 ) not far from Montclair.
To e39m5. One of my favorite places to ride is Ramapo and we have many other excellent trails in the area. If you want you can email me and come and join us on a ride. Even if you want to bike or hike along just to see what you are missing.
To tholub. Contact me and definitely bring your muni if you can. You can email me at brian at computertradeexchange.com
I would like to know the dates you will be in N.J. and get you to join us on one of our group rides. Usually 2 - 4 people.

I ride with Brian Maw and Jeff Prosa. They are wonderful people and they teach me so much about MUni. It might take a while before you can do MUni, but like Brian says, you should definitely hike or bike on one of their MUni rides. You will have fun and learn a lot. They never pass up a log or interesting obstacle, so if you are interested in trials, you will love seeing their “woodland trials” in action.

Another option for you, especially since you are just learning, is the New York Unicycle Club. We meet at Grant’s Tomb in New York City twice a month – the first Sunday and the third Saturday. We have riders of all skill levels and interests. Stop by at our next meeting – Saturday, May 21st. We are a very friendly, casual group and would love for you to join us. You will get lots of great advice and tips, and there is a railing you can practice along. It’s easy to get to our meeting location. It’s just on the other side of the river. Take the GWB to the Henry Hudson Parkway. Zip down a few exits to 125th Street and you are basically right there. Hope to see you there real soon. Please feel free to contact me. Also, contact David Stone (the founder of the club and all-around great guy) and ask him to put you on our email mailing list. You can look his email address up on our web site.

Of course you will be able to ride. Henry Ford said, “Believe you can; believe you can’t; either way, you’re right.” I think maybe he also said something like “persistence, practice, and determination are the keys to unicycling”, but I’m not sure.

I was also going to suggest the New York Unicycle Club but Dave beat me to it. Although I’ve only been to a couple of meetings, I had a great time and learnt a lot.

As far as being able to ride, if I can do it then anyone can. All it takes is practice.

Sergio
Beginning Unicyclist in Bergen County