No frickin' comment?!?

Well, I wanted to take my 20" Monty to the skate park, which is about 5 KM’s away. I wanted to be fresh when I got there, though.

I quickly rigged this up, and I didn’t get one comment!

Not one, ‘Hey, you have an extra wheel’, or
‘hey, you found his other wheel!’

Nothin’

3 wheeler.jpg

That ain’t natural.

-Christopher

Mabye they thought it was a spare, :smiley:
you know…incase of a flat.

Hmm… that’s a rather good idea.

/me wonders how to get a uni on a bike without any form of carrier…

Phil, just me

I wonder what the babies will look like? Maybey 1 and 1/2 wheeled thing. :thinking:

-Eric

No frickin’ comment !

I rode RAGBRAI this year with my muni strapped on top of my BOB Trailer. I recieved a lot of comments about having a spare wheel for my bike on the trailer. I don’t think people realized what they were seeing. Must have been the heat, or the beer :roll_eyes:

Mojoe

ragbrai13.jpg

I also made a rack to fit in the trailer that carries my muni around. It works really well.

cheers… Mojoe

bobtrailer.jpg

Cool, very cool. I like it; uni on bike, uni on Bob.

Erin

now all you need to do is attach a bob trailer to a coker and you’d have the perfect getting to unicycle conventions vehicle. Anyone pulled a trailer with a uni?

Joe

I’d like to see a uni with a trailer that had a bike on it. THEN you’d get some comments. :smiley:

topside

I’ve tried unicycling carrying my bike
( the obvious choice having to get them both back home at the same time).

I didn’t get any coments. Lots of disbelieving looks, but no comments.

I’m loving the picts of people using trailers to carry their uni.

Has anyone thought of using their uni as a trailer? I mean it alredy has a wheel and fork. You could try removing the seat and post and using some tubing the same size and have it connect to the seat post of your bike.

Just my thoughts.

One problem i see is wheel wobble caused by the weight of the unicycle pedals.

Daniel

I would have made fun of you just for that silly lookin bike.
my 20" Monty will be here on monday.
yipeee

Apologies for blatantly stealing the idea, but oooooo it’s nice to not have to ride back from town after jumping around a bit!

(http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuo14)

I made a slight alteration… I don’t know how you secured the frame of the uni but I couldn’t find a way to stop it swaying from side to side due to the weight of the seat. To this end I removed the seat (a minute’s work with an allen key) and tied that on behind the bike seat. Not only does it stick out less but the frame can be tied to the seatpost so stop any movement at all.

No comments while riding to York and back, but plenty of stares…

Phil, just me

Glad to help you out, Phil

I used two bungee cords, and they went in and under the rack, cranks, and on either side of the frame seatpost holder. This kept the seat from swinging.

After undoing one bungee, it was loose enough to twist the uni forward, and walk beside my bike (uni saddle near the top tube) and hold it in place with my body weight and position. This helped in getting it into the elevator (that’s Canuck for ‘lift’) abd out the 2 sets of doors of the apartment (flat) 's main lobby.

I used two bungee cords, and they went in and under the rack, cranks, and on either side of the frame seatpost holder. This kept the seat from swinging.

After undoing one bungee, it was loose enough to twist the uni forward, and walk beside my bike (uni saddle near the top tube) and hold it in place with my body weight and position. This helped in getting it into the elevator (that’s Canuck for ‘lift’) and out the 2 sets of doors of the apartment (flat) 's main lobby.

After undoing one bungee, it was loose enough to twist the uni forward, and walk beside my bike (uni saddle near the top tube) and hold it in place with my body weight and position. This helped in getting it into the elevator (that’s Canuck for ‘lift’) and out the 2 sets of doors of the apartment (flat) 's main lobby.

Re: No frickin’ comment?!?

Sofa wrote:
> I used two bungee cords, and they went in and under the rack, cranks,
> and on either side of the frame seatpost holder. This kept the seat
> from swinging.

Heh… I used four!

One held the front of the wheel tightly to where the bike seatpost meets
the frame, one held the uni frame to the bike rack; one held the
downward pedal in place and the last held the uni frame from swinging
back and forth.

Possibly overkill, but it was absolutely rock solid… that uni was
going NOWHERE! Near where I live there are several really nasty