Nimbus or Torker

Hello,

i’m looking for a good trials uni because the cranks of my other bent. i do drops of about 6’ and some freestyle, but i don’t want to spend to much money on this uni. I hesitate between the Nimbus 20-inch Trials with 36 spokes and change the cranks for splined or Torker Unistar DX.

i don’t care about the seat and the pedals

which one could be the best for what i do ?

thx

If money is an issue then Torker DX. It will cost at least another $200 on top of the origional $180 for the Nimbus to fit it with a anew hub and cranks. While the DX already has splined hub and cranks so it wont need new ones for quite some time under normal usage…One thing however that the DX may need in the future is a new frame. The 2006 modles are known to have broken under normal circumstances. the Nimbus frame will serve as an excellent replacement for the DX’s frame.

ok thanks ! i think i will go for the Torker.

also, i would like to transform my old uni into a freestyle uni. i already have a freestyle tire and seat, but what else do i have to change and for which pieces ?

also, i would like to transform my old uni into a freestyle uni. i already have a freestyle tire and seat, but what else do i have to change and for which pieces ?

Well, what is your old uni?

Seeing how you said you broke the cranks, you will probably just have to buy new cranks and get those on. Try to get somewhat shorter cranks, 110s should do it. If your hub twisted, then you will need to replace that as well as cranks.

Seat wise, as long as its a comfy one, strong, with a slim profile, it will be good, so you can have a good grip on it, and can move it around your body when doing freestyle moves.

I would recommend grippy plastic pedals, it will just keep the uni lighter, and easier to move your feet on or off the pedal. I used metal pinned pedals, but find them too grippy and slows me down when trying to slide my foot off.

Frame, make sure its a flat top frame, not rounded like on most beginners unis. Look at nimbus or Yuni frames, they are very good for foot-on-frame tricks, and come at a cheap price, but are very strong.

Yeah, so pretty much, a new frame may be all you need, unless yours is already flat, then start learning. That’s really all you need, everything else are just preferences mainly, some people will want shorter cranks while others want longer. Just try out an basic set-up, then upgrade when you find what suits you best.

my old uni is a beginer uni upgraded with a seat (Velo), a tire (Ringworm) and pedals (Metal pined pedals).

I’d like to have a CHEAP flat top frame for one foot skills, but strong and cranks, strong too. I looked for cheap and strong cranks that can fit on standard uni, but i didn’t find any. plus, i live in quebec, canada and the closest place to buy is on unicycle.com (USA), even, the price for the shipping is very high.

i can already do one foot with my round frame but it’s like…you know ! i have 127 mm cranks and i’m ok with that, but i bend it every weeks. this kind of crank doesn’t cost a lot, but 10 $ each weeks, i begin to be tired ! i would like to have splined cranks but it’s very expensive for my budget.

so i think i will buy the torker DX for trials and street, and keep my old uni for freestyle !

thank you for your help !!!

P.S. sorry, i possibly did some grammar mistakes because i’m french and i suck in english:p

you might want the nimbus hoppley. it’s a great trials uni.

you might want to get the 05 dx … esp if you are getting a new frame, it has the same axle and cranks, and i havn’t broken my frame doing anything crazy yet

one thing is what is up with all the post that say the same thing. anyways you don’t need a nimbus hoppley just get the dx if money is an issue

ok…look. i want a good trials uni that i can also use to do a little of freestyle (one foot, wheel walk,etc…), strong for drops (about 6’ and more) and cheap (under 300 $). i don’t know if it changes something, but i grind…

so, that’s what i want…

If you get a torker DX, the only thing you might* break is the frame.

ok…and which one is the best : torker DX '06 or '05 ?

Or get a uni from Bedford…Hes based in Canada Link

i heard that their unicycles were not so strong…and it’s expensive…i will probably go for the torker DX but i don’t know which one, 05 or 06 and i don’t know where to find the 05…