Nimbus 2W rim

The Nimbus trials rims on UDC are the 2005-2006 Kh rims, without the groove in them where the sidewall would bend and deform.

These are the super light, super strong Kh rims, but they say Nimbus.

thank you jerrick. so its better than the old KH rim, cool

No…its the exact same as the old kh rim. Only the first ones had the groove and that wasn’t supposed to be there. The broken ones were replaced and after that all kh rims did not have the groove.

ohh ok

hmm
this rim is SUPER strong
i had too little pressure in my tire and did a 4 ft drop… and it didn’t do anything to it, jumped over the sidewalk gap in my video, landed 90* and nothing happened
I like it a lot
but its NOT 42mm wide like they advertise
my friend’s quax 24" 38mm rim looks wider than it.
its ok though… i havn’t had a problem w/ folding the tire.

btw for reference, the widest trials rim you can get is 47mm
http://www.unicycle.co.uk/shop/shopdisplayproduct.asp?catalogid=883
the KH 07 and tryall rims are 47mm

i think there is a few others too.

and the 05KH rim is identical to the nimbus trials rim.
(only some of the 05KH rim had a small groove which weakened them but this has been sorted out a while ago)

the onza hog is 47 as well…
i was looking for a 48hole rim
im happy with it :slight_smile:

just an update, i basically messed up a 270 unispin, right next to a fence, and kicked the crap out of the rim, with all of my weight, and it broke!! HAHAHAH just kidding, i really did do that, but my seatpost just twisted. the rim is so freaking strong, i love it. my old rim(05 DX rim… 20" double walled sorta skinny) was slightly bent , but this one is straight and true, and I have done 2x as much “bad stuff” to this rim.

There are a couple bike trials rims out there that are 48mm wide, and I think I heard of one that was 50mm wide. I’m pretty sure that they were 32h though.

hm
i bent the stupid thing
4-5 foot down, about 10 feet forwards, handle slips, uni doesn’t go anywhere, land sideways on seat, bruise buttox, bend rim, don’t notice till you get home. and I can’t find my spoke wrench to fix it.
LAME LAME LAME!!!