newspaper article

Hi,
I don’t know if this is going to work but here goes…
Here is a unicycle article that was in yesterdays North Wales Daily Post about a local MUni’ist.

I do hate it when people spell my name with a K. Petty or what?
Anyway, looks like we are going to organise some uni meets locally as Stuart has had a lot of email interest in response to the article. Details will be posted as they come up for anyone interested.
Cathy

I don’t know if the thing that Stuart says about being the only MUni’st in Wales is particularly accurate?
Cathy

“Muni involves walking to the top of a mountain…” (quote from article)

Things might be different on your continent, but here we like to ride up before / after we ride down. Walking is for people with broken Munis or flat tires :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, okay, I push up parts of the trail when “sucking wind” but the ride up makes the ride down all the more sweet!

Re: newspaper article

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:58:02 -0500, “cathwood” wrote:

>I don’t know if the thing that Stuart says about being the only MUni’st
>in Wales is particularly accurate?

I know a MUni’ist in Wales whose first name is Stuart, and I’m in the
process of finding out if it’s the same person. It might be because he
is about 35. I doubt he would be the only one though.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“When it comes to the family jewels, you won’t be having fun until they’re having fun. - Jake D”

Re: newspaper article

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 07:06:10 GMT, Klaas Bil wrote:

>I know a MUni’ist in Wales whose first name is Stuart, and I’m in the
>process of finding out if it’s the same person.

For the record, it is indeed the same person. I’ve ridden with Stuart
when he lived in the Netherlands. It’s a small world. I have now a
somewhat blurred scan of the article, including picture.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“When it comes to the family jewels, you won’t be having fun until they’re having fun. - Jake D”

For the record, Stuart is not the only MUNI rider in north wales, I’ve been mountain biking in North Wales for quite a while now and got into unicyling recently. My Gran read the article and posted it to me in uni (at lancaster), so i e-mailed stuart and am hoping to meet up with him to do some riding in the summer.

Si