?newsgroup

Michael P. Brugger PA-C <MBRUGGER@uga.cc.uga.edu> writes:
> Where are we suppose to post if we want the Unicycling News Group. I’ve looked
> a rec.sport unicycling but it doesn’t exist.

post to news.groups - the RFD was posted there last week, with no comments
yet I think…

I’m not too hot on the way things work, but it seems to me that since my name
is already on the document, I shouldn’t post saying ‘I agree’…

]ain

Re: ?newsgroup

Iain Hibbert <plunky@skate.demon.co.uk> writes:
> post to news.groups - the RFD was posted there last week, with no comments
> yet I think…

If you want to post comments about the “RFD rec.sport.unicycling”, news.groups
is definitely the place to do it. However, please don’t post anything, unless it
is a comment about the Request For Discussion itself. (Please don’t post saying
you simply agreed or disagreed without giving your reasons. Also, articles which
are not direct comments on the RFD [general unicycling articles] should go to
the unicycling mailing list, since news.groups would not be the appropriate
newsgroup and rec.sport.unicycling doesn’t exist yet.)

Since we already probably have enough people on the mailing list in favour of
rec.sport.unicycling to pass it, I’m not sure how important it would be to
generate interest on news.groups by posting comments. Maybe someone with more
experience with the newsgroup creation process would care to comment?

It will be a little more than two weeks before the Call For Votes is issued. The
CFV will last another three weeks. If it passes, it will take the news admin. up
to another week to create rec.sport.unicycling. At that point, we will finally
be able to post to rec.sport.unicycling.

I hope this helps.

Stay on Top,

Ken Fuchs <kfuchs@winternet.com