Newbie Question: What's an UPD?

Like a newbie in any hobby or sport, I have to learn a new uni language and new uni acronyms. Often they are easy to figure out, but I admit you’ve got me stumped.

I’ve seen it in posts, and I’ve even seen it on tee-shirts, but I still don’t know what UPD means. So I decided to try to figure it out. Which one of these is right?

UP Down - 'cause that’s what I do all the time when I am learning my mounts

Un-Professional Driver - when I’m wobbling all over the side of the road on my uni

Uni Pedal Disintegrated - after a particularly bad landing

'Ur Penis is Damaged - after a long ride

So, fellow uni-ists, what is an UPD?

Good guesses, but no.
UPD= Un-Planned Dismount (aka falling)

A UPD is an UnPlanned Dismount.

David Stone coined the term to describe a fall in any form or another. I recently made UPD t-shirts, and have 3 of them left.

unplanned dismount

wow. that’s got to be some sort of a record. Three posts in one minute. seconds apart. but I BEAT YOU ALL! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I’m just amazed all three were serious responses!

LOL

Is there some kind of database of uni acronyms/names/terms? Also being a bit of a newbie, I think it could really uh, ‘help my development’ :stuck_out_tongue: (Yay! UPD! One more to add to my list.)

DANG!! those were some NIICE guesses, I like your last one LOL! but ya ,Unplanned dissmount, I never use hte term though…I use ditch or fall, or eat SH*T depending on the seriusness…

maybe someone should write up a tutorial on how to read unicycle acronyms for Unicycling Articles and Tutorials :slight_smile:

Re: Newbie Question: What’s an UPD?

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 00:09:35 -0600, DonO wrote:

>So, fellow uni-ists, what is an UPD?

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“erectile function trumps public image - David Stone, commenting on the importance of seat comfort”

always a good place

[QUOTE=Klaas Bil]
On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 00:09:35 -0600

Klaas, what a wonderful site. You answered all sorts of questions that I can’t imagine anyone wanting to ask! And as an engineer, I can relate totally.

Cheers, Don.

ur penis is damaged haha thats a good one

'Ur Probably Daft - from little old lady wondering why I uni

Re: Newbie Question: What’s an UPD?

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 12:10:15 -0600, DonO wrote:

>> Klaas, what a wonderful site. You answered all sorts of questions that
>> I can’t imagine anyone wanting to ask! And as an engineer, I can
>> relate totally.

Thanks Don. As you could guess, I’m an engineer too. Sort of.

“erectile function trumps public image - David Stone, commenting on the importance of seat comfort”