Newbie in Need of Help - Buying for skateboardng son

I posted about the three training sessions with my elder son on this thread. His natural ability is extraordinary. I put it down to BMX. He looked like a rider right from the start. He has his own uni now, a Koxx K1 we got on Gumtree.

My other son was riding fairly reliably in straight lines on smooth surfaces after an hour.

The third successful learner was just a week ago. He was already an accomplished skater and well experienced at doing extended wheelies on motorcycles so he had the sense of balance. His other big asset was dogged determination to do it. (I bet his legs were jelly that night.;))

After a few runs across the soft grass it was clear he was getting the idea. Then out onto the concrete footpath. After an hour he was able to negotiate a slight curve on the path. However he was still a bit hit and miss, mainly depending on how well he started.

Another guy at the same session was showing potential too. Unfortunately I didn’t have a post and saddle with me to properly match his leg length so he was on the little kid size learner with too low a saddle. Otherwise I think he might have been riding by the end of the afternoon.

I’m rearranging my gear and anther saddle is in the mail. Next time I take unis to a party I will be sure to have something to suit everyone.

These riders were all guys between 25 and 35. I think they make the best learners, especially when in each other’s company.