New Video: Uni Geezer: "Rockin' Radical Radial"

Id think that the crank would make it less… like 17 or 16". Still an amazing hop on a coker. But you dont need tire compression on a pedal grab, its just arm strength and technique. And nice suicide mount even though you did cheat a little by using the stairs.

I’m taking the tyre into account :roll_eyes:

Really fun stuff

To watch ! I just recently learned to free mount my 20 and 24. I don’t have the smoothness (nerve:o ) to try it with the 36. You do make it look so easy though.
I just noticed recently that udc sells a 36 " KH cro mo frame. Only 3 1/2 lbs, and kinda costly.
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=679
I wonder how much the radial weighs? I need to get in shape and learn to out hop a turtle before it would do me any good. You likely know about the frame already. What kind of, brand, of cranks are you using ?
One thing you might want to try is 8$ nylon dimension pedals from AE Bike. I use them on my 36 and I think they are great. At 330 grams they are the lightest, and have good grip. I might be a bit off base, I am sure practice and conditioning are way more important to hopping then uni weight. Still, a 36 is the heaviest hopper I have seen, lighter parts can’t hurt.
Do you think what makes hopping on a 36 harder has mostly to do with it’s size, or weight ?
Anyway, thanks for the vid. I can’t wait to see what you will do next !:slight_smile:

I really don’t know what to say…

“It’s time to set the record straight” - hahahahahaha:)

I think the radial frame is pretty darn light. I use the magnesium “azonic” pedals and really like them as they are super light and grippy, and low cost. I bought mine here: http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/11540-240_AZOFP2-3-Parts-65-Pedals-and-Cleats/Azonic-Fusion-Magnesium-Pedals-offerIN070GLB.htm?zmam=3075515&zmas=1&zmac=30&zmap=11540

haha I bet a lot of ppl saw that one coming!:stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah you’re right…I had it backwards! :roll_eyes: And yes I needed that one step to help me be able to jump high enough for the suicide mount…I’ll have to try it again without the step. I think if I really try and practice, I may be able to hop to rubber from a 36er crank grab, but if I can hold balance, the pedal grab will be easier as I can “swing” the uni up to rubber instead of using brute force lol!:smiley: