New Unicycle!

No, I don’t mean there’s something new to look at on unicycle.com, but you can still read my post.

Alright! My unicycle parts came! I do mean all of em! Enough for an entire unicycle! I decided I had so much fun replacing my broken spokes that I needed to build a uni from scratch. I even ordered a 400mm seatpost, so I could swap the 300mm from my 20incher to the new 26incher.

The good news, I won’t even need to use a seatpost clamp on the old 20incher. That’s also the bad news. The new one happens to be 22.2mm. The old one is 22mm. So the old one slips into the new frame rather easily, while putting the new post into the old frame took some WD40 and a lot of twisting and pushing and marring my legs. I’m not too worried about the old uni and damage that may be done by having an oversized seatpost (though I may take it out to put some more durable grease in there), but I am worried about having an undersized seatpost on the new uni frame… especially since it’s going to be ridden a little more roughly. There really isn’t much play between the post and frame… you slide it in and when you rock it back and forth it moves maybe half a millimeter… just enough to hear a click. Is there a danger with this? I do happen to have two semcycle seat post clamps if that would make a difference. It is the Sem XLW 26" frame. Thanks for any input.

More bad news. I just got the uni at 11:21am, and I must now pack for a camping trip that will last until saturday night! Aargh! I won’t have time to build the thing!