New tricks

A couple of new tricks to add to the
various uni ‘levels’:

• cellphoning while uni-ing
  • uni-ing with eyes closed (I did this today due to too much
    sweat dripping into my eyes)

Re: New tricks

• cellphoning while uni-ing

David Stone, Carl Costas, and several others have this one covered already.

• uni-ing with eyes closed (I did this today due to too much sweat dripping into my eyes)

Max Dingemans did part of a routine at UNICON blindfolded.

I have sweat dripping into my eyes quite often as well, but I never thought of closing my eyes and riding. Probably because the area I ride around isn’t really flat or nice and open enough to ride for a long time without hitting something. Another fun trick to try is riding drunk, and try drinking then. If your underage, get parent supervision.

been there,done that… http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18936&highlight=drunk+on+a+unicycle

Talking about sweating. When ever i unicycle (mostly trails and muni, and hockey) i sweat loads and loads, much more than any other sports! I guess its just really good for u, as i’m really fit (aged 14), and i’ve noticed that my leg and stomach muscles r really strong! :smiley:

Does this happen to anyone else??

Just wondering!

I don’t understand this connection between sweat and unicycling…or for that matter between sore muscles and unicycling. I guess you all are just not in the same top physical condition as me. Either that or you all don’t ride nearly as many continuous feet as I do. :slight_smile:

so far the most feet i’ve managed is two

i can do one aswell, or none if you count wheel walking

but i’d be amazed if anyone managed any more than two.
:wink:

harper wrote:
> * cellphoning while uni-ing
>
> David Stone, Carl Costas, and several others have this one covered
> already.

I dunno about David Stone, I’m not sure that it counts if you fall off :wink:

Danny Colyer (remove safety to reply) ( http://www.juggler.net/danny )
Recumbent cycle page: http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/recumbents/
“He who dares not offend cannot be honest.” - Thomas Paine

It’s fun to uni with eyes closed, with someone following you calling out
directions.

–Mark

Mark Newbold
Montpelier, Vermont USA

Alternate email: manx@sover.net

That may be true, but you must have a LOT of TRUST in that person if you are willing to do that, or just be crazy, stupid, ignorant, moronic, idiotic, retarded, dumb, out of your mind, unintelligent, gullible, etc.

or maybe,just an east to west coast trip.i bet Lars had a mile or two of closed lid riding… :sunglasses:

I don’t know. I know some people that would just steer you into something like a curb, car, mailbox, telephone pole, steep hill, water fountain, stairs, tree, fence, bike rack, dog poo or something like that.

there could be a new kind of game…Pin the unicyclist on the donkey. sounds fun,wear your helmets and no taking cuts in line!

How does that work though?

ok the rider puts on a special helmet with a fake donkey tail looking thing dangling off of a long spike.

then,while blind folded.the unicyclist rides around where he is told to go by a circle of other uni riders.

the object is to get the blindfolded rider to drive the spike with tail into a poster sized picture of a donkey.

the rider to get the tail closest to the donkeys butt,WINS!

Well that’s no good. Then everyone in the circle is just going to tell the person on the uni to go somewhere really far away, and then those people at least will get closer to the donkey. Where are you going to find a donkey sized poster anyway?

no no,every body will have to do it themselves too and its all in good fun.i belive the rider will have a good idea of where to go anyway the cheers are just part of the game,you can belive them or not,its up to the one in the blindfold.

a poster of a donkey is easy,i have a 4 and 8 year old that could churn out 10 a day,easy

----- Original Message -----
From: rammstein <rammstein.btyqc@timelimit.unicyclist.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.unicycling
To: <rsu@unicycling.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 12:51 AM
Subject: Re: New tricks
>
> I don’t know. I know some people that would just steer you into
> something like a curb, car, mailbox, telephone pole, steep hill, water
> fountain, stairs, tree, fence, bike rack, dog poo or something like
> that.

You must know some NON friends. It would be a good way to
find out who is a friend and who is a fiend.

Lowell

Raphael,

A new Olympic sport. I’m so excited!

Bruce

Ahh… the infamouse Jagur Sweatshops. They tell stories of them (in India, and at Regional Mississippi ISP’s) to scare children into working harder.

-C