New to all this, some thoughts

Just do it!

I’m 56 and started riding 3 months ago with a Chrome 20" Torker that has now been replaced by a Semcycle and a companion 24" Yuni Muni.
I struggled for 3 weeks, then as if by magic one day “I got it”. I went from a hard fought 20’ to all the way down the block !
If want to learn and think you’ll stick with it {and probably will} invest in a good Unicycle with good parts and saddle that will last probably longer than you will.
I love the rush now I can ride literally for miles at a time around town. This is a one wheeled drug. Go for it !

Bingo.

Thanks for the tips. At rhe moment I’m really fighting to keep the uni between me and the ground. The concrete that I’m riding on was brushed for traction, so I’m leaving tire marks all the way to the UPD. I’m making tracks with at least a 1 foot wobble! That seems excessive. But it’s interesting. I’m pretty sure that a little wobble is useful in controlling the lateral instability.

Might be one reason why an Impossible Wheel (aka BC wheel) is so difficult to ride. Perhaps if the wheelbuilder put a deliberate 1 or 2 inch wobble in the rim the BC wheel would become easier to ride. Up and down weighting in synch with the rim wobble could help with lateral control. (Oh, I guess that happens naturally if the rider shifts weight from left foot to right. Well, it was almost a thought…)