New Magura HS33 for $36

I just bought a new Magura HS33 front brake with the big lever that I found on ebay and there are more, the item # is 3671501725 and the seller has more for direct sales for $36 including shipping. This is a great price these are over $100 from uni.com. Dan

That’s the HS, not the HS-33…still a nice deal though…

Does it still work on the KH24? What’s the difference?

I meant to say an older HS, it looks like an HS-22 in the picture…
It will still work though…

im getting a new kh24 im late may, and am somewhat interested in brakes. however, i dont know anything about brakes or how much they should cost or which kind to get. is this a good deal? or is it likely to break? 36$ sounds very reasonable to me; i think it was like 169$ extra to get the kh24 with brakes.

-grant

It’s an extra $159 to get the KH-24 with a brake from uni.com, it seems a bit expensive but it’s really not a bad deal if you want a brake right away. If you search around you can find an HS-33 for next to nothing. I got mine for only $20.
Here’s what I would do if I were you, is get the KH24 WITHOUT the brake upgrade and keep your eye open for one being sold for cheaper used. Then if you have no luck and can’t wait any longer buy the brake from uni.com afterwards. They don’t give you a break on the price of it anyway when you buy it with the KH-24 (which in my opinion they should).

THese are a little different than what Uni.com has. The $169 brakes are made specificly for mounting on a unicycle by Magura. The cable is the appropriate length, and is steel rather than plastic. I think this will ensure they can take some abuse. Sometimes though, I think I spend money just to spend money.

On the other hand, you can’t really beat $36. Especially if your not sure wether or not you will even benefit from brakes. Not everyone wants or like brakes. Some riding you definitley won’t need them. Nice to have when you do. I think if you ride steep downhills or long downhills it will let you save some energy for other parts of the ride.

you dont really belive that load do ya?

Magura makes brakes available separatly for the front and rear wheels of a bike.the ones uni.com are selling are simply the front brake for a bike.it just so happens that the cable is long enough for a unicycle too.

I bought my first Magura from unicycle.com and then upgraded to SS braided hoses for about $30 including shipping, I plan to do the same with this brake still a lot cheaper than the $160, I bought it for a spare incase mine blows out so I dont have down time while rebuilding the one on my muni, and I am planing to build another muni/cruser someday hopefuly a Harper shifting hub with a 24x3 with brakes.

I guess I didn’t read it carefuly I thought it was a HS33, I have an older HS33 on my muni now and I like the lever better than the new ones its more solid, I dont think there is probably much differance between this HS and a HS33, and I think I will like the biger lever.

Re: New Magura HS33 for $36

“forget_your_life” <forget_your_life@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> writes:

> Magura makes brakes available separatly for the front and rear wheels of
> a bike.the ones uni.com are selling are simply the front brake for a
> bike.it just so happens that the cable is long enough for a unicycle
> too.

That’s the $112 version. For $159 you get a new brake assembly: “The
tech team at Magura USA is now custom-making these for unicyclists.”
This version features braided steel hoses, a shortened main hose and a
lengthened crossover hose compared to bicycle front brakes.

Ken