New Koxx freestyle.

For about the same price you can get a titanium frame from miyata, customized to your lengths of choice. https://www.mys-co.com/shop_e/item_detail.html?cat=1&id=1092&psid=f2d760c74eed1a6fb05da4b1b3c8e1f1

Wow, is a titanium frame less affected by metal fatigue than an aluminum one?

However, judging from the small picture the shape of that frame is what I would want for a freestyle uni. I guess it is difficult to build a really flat crown (i.e. flat in two dimensions) when you only have tubes as parts. But what use is a premium custom frame if the shape is inferior to a standard freestyle frame?

P.S. Those bolts on the Miyata frame look like they could be quite painful to the ankle?

Those bolts would never come close to your ankle. Plus they look to be pretty safe.

Those bolts will tear up your shoes if your on the cranks. You’d want to replace them with a buttonhead socket. You can find them at any good metric hardware store.

lol 80,000 yen. how much is that in USD?

look it up yourself jeeze, are you people dumb http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Damn, whens that frame gonna be available to the US? I need me a 400mm one asap.

here’s some pics of the koxx sig frame(no I didn’t take them myself)

sig frame-close up.jpg

Beautiful frames. I borrowed one for the Coasting competition. The new Koxx aluminum Trials frame is also very ruggedly good-looking.

Yes, my 1999 DM ATU has the knurled crown, and Julien Monny has used one of his (DM’s Ringmaster Advanced Custom, possibly designed specifically for him) for years. I’m sure that was the inspiration for Koxx. I’m not sure what Julien is riding now, as I never saw him on a unicycle at Unicon. :frowning:

One thing I don’t like about this frame is the large seatpost diameter. Alu seatposts break way to fast (even on a freestyle uni) and a CrMo one of this size is really heavy.

A 27.2mm seatpost is going to be a bit inconvenient for a freestyle unicycle. Not many freestyle appropriate seatposts in that size.

When working with aluminum a fatter tube is better. In order for the seatpost and seattube on the frame to be strong enough they need to be a larger diameter.

One option would be a Thomson seatpost with the DeRail carbon fiber seat base. Kind of expensive and not mass produced.

Perhaps someone will come up with an idea for a low profile seat mount adapter with no rails for a standard KH style seat. Something that would fit a standard bicycle seatpost in a similar way to how the DeRail seat base fits on a Thomson seatpost.