New jumping technique idea I have

As long as no “part of the cycle except the tire, rim, spokes, crank arms, pedals, bottom bracket, bashguard or bearing housings” touches the ground, you’re good.

IUF rule book section 10.6.1

lol surely pedals arent allowed.You are reading the rules for a trials competition and not a high jump competition onto an object not over the bar

I was responding to the original idea and it’s usefulness in a trials competition.

oh ok :o

The only real problem I see is that you’d have to violate some basic laws of physics to pull off the move you’re describing… if I understand what you’re trying to describe.

Unless you’ve got your body weight evenly distributed about the unicycle’s contact point, it’s going to tip over. Even if the unicycle is completely horizontal.

Is there some anti-gravity component to your technique?

I guess the idea is you start out seat in front and then seat in front jump for one to two. Then during the two, three transition you would reach under yourself and pull the unicycle above you in an allyoop type transition. On the thrid step I believe you were mentionioning (underlined), the way weight could evenly be distributed is placing it on the ledge where the pedal and wheel contact. (much like what happens when you set the unicycle down and the wheel and pedal touch) But I also realize that the seat also touches, to stop this if one forearm is across the tire and holds onto the frame, while the other is across the other part of the tire holding the opposite side of the tire. To the best of my knowlage this would evenly distrubute the weight. Hope I am correctly explaining what I mean to… :slight_smile: