New guy says "hi"

Hey ya’ll,
I’m new here and new to unicycles. I bought a real crappy lollipop unicycle (Zephyr) last July for $20 and was immediatley hooked on the sport. I “upgraded” to a Torker CX a month later. It really is much better than the lollipop. Especially after I ditched the stock pedals. I sold the lollipop to a friend. He too is now hooked.

Anyhow, I wanted to introduce myself and ask for some shopping advise in the Denver, CO area. I’ve only found one store Alpha Bicycle in Englewood ( where I bought the torker) that has anything better than a beginner uni.

Can anybody recommend a good store in Denver?

The Zephyr was a good unicycle and I thank it for giving its life to our novice abuse. :smiley: The lollipop frame has splintered at the bottom and since neither of us are ready to ride just the wheel, we need an upgrade.

Cheers,
Unitard
age 31

im not sure of any stores, but i just had to tell you youre screen name is ace

For better unicycles, your only bet is to buy from unicycle.com. Anything around 300 bucks will be around the same quality as the CX. To get yourself a good uni, I think that the kris holm 20" would be your best bet.
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=799
The shipping is usually around 30 bucks.

thanks,

JJ - ha ha ha, thanks. I think this will lead to some good halloween costume ideas!

Danni - I think you’re right. I may just have to order something online. I really wanted to test ride a few before I purchased.

Thanks,
Casey

thanks,

JJ - ha ha ha, thanks. I think this will lead to some good halloween costume ideas!

Danni - I think you’re right. I may just have to order something online. I really wanted to test ride a few before I purchased.

Thanks,
Unitard

I have the kh 20, or something very close to it (custom), and it is so smooth and so responsive. Definately go for the kh20 07!

no, definitely go for a torker lx as your first. buy off unicycle.com (UDC)
-its cheap. its only 20 buck more than the cx, and much better
-its stronger. it will hold up better than the cx through learning and simple tricks.

later, it youre still into it, go for a DX or a kh, or koxx. theyre like 250-600$$