New Fusion One saddle

Does anyone know if it is compatible with the Nimbus Shadow Handle base? I know that the Zero isn’t. But I didn’t know if there was a difference there, since the reinforcement plate works with it now.

no, it is basically the same base as the zero other than the new hole for the reinforcement plate. It will not work with the shadow bar.

I can snag a pic when I get home. I believe it is slightly thinner, but I could be wrong.

Even if it’s not officially supported it can probably be made to work. I use a Zero with a Shadow handle.

1 Like

have a pic of the base? did you do any bending? any bolts not flush with a flange? If so, how did you go about bending it evenly?

You could try to put a couple of washers between the saddle and the front part of the seat post, that’ll give it some more angle. I had to do that on my Qu’Ax uni before I switched to a KH saddle.

I documented the original mod here: New Fusion Zero ultra low curvature unicycle saddle - #339 by lightbulbjim

Some more recent photos are attached.

To bend the tabs I just used an adjustable wrench. To check they were even I laid the Shadow base upside down on a flat surface and used a carpenter’s square against the surface. By going slow and checking my work often it ended up pretty straight and even.

I didn’t take the tabs all the way to horizontal because I was cold bending the aluminium and didn’t want to fatigue it. In the above linked thread somebody later described a way of hot bending it, which I may try if I ever do it again. It’s not a big deal that the tabs aren’t quite horizontal though - since the saddle base is plastic it soaks up the small amount of misalignment.

To stop the unused pivotal bolt rattling I have a piece of soft PVC tubing threaded onto it. Originally I had a piece of foam squashed in there but it would still make a noise if I shook the uni hard.

I’ve had this setup running for a bit over a year now, and have 1400km on it so far. No problems at all.

Note that my experience is with the Zero, but I assume the One has the same bolt spacing.

1 Like