NEW! 24 Butterfly pedals from Koxx.

i ride the dmr V12 magnesium an they last… at least for me

Sorry for going off topic, but I don’t want to start a new thread and this discussion is on topic with my question:

Which of these pedals would you guys recommend for trials riding?

Trail Mix… lighter than Magnesium Jim C’s and have longer pins.

Out of those? IMO the Trail Mix, for the same reasons.

For my next pair, I’m thinking about the Dk Distortion Magnesium Pedals,Atomlab Aircorp, Trailpimps, or Specialized LO PRO MAG 2 PLATFORM PEDALS for their low profile.

Also I’d be curious if anyone knows someone (b*ke or uni) who has tried the ProTonLocks magnetic pedals. They might help w/ my problem of keeping my feet on the pedals if I can release my feet when I want, but at $155-$165 they are quite pricey.

Okay, thanks for the input guys. I was thinking the same thing…I’m just not too familiar with magnesium and its strengths and weaknesses.

Those magnetic pedals look interesting.

A fellow MUni rider of mine has the Atomlab Aircorps. I’ve ridden them but don’t really recall the experience, but all my other MUni friends envy them.

i dont think that would be a good idea. they are desidned to be like bike clip pedals, and even though you can get out when you want, it is not always the esyest thing to do, and you need to twist you foot sideways, to get out, and when falling, you can always get put fats enough. these may be dfferently worked than regular clips, but the conseot seem to be the same. also, most clip shoes are not vrey ankle supportive. 661 makes some nice clip shoes, but most other companies have very low-profile clip shoes.

I saw a pair of the (old) Butterfly pedals at the Renegade Koxx shop in Santa Cruz, CA during MUni weekend, and they look like perfect MUni pedals. I think quite a few of us there were drooling over them. But reading about their sealed bearings and slipping off the axle kind of turns me off of spending $80 on them.

Like John Childs mentioned, I’d too be interested in how they actually fixed the problem.