need help building wheel

I have a 26 in surly conundrum frame,ive been slowly building it into a 29er,it now has kh seat post,09 kh saddle,kh 29 freeride rim(no hub or spokes yet)29er racing ralph tire,im getting close to finished.The frame comes with directions,it says I can use kh 42mm bearings,i want the kh hub,but ive been told i should use the profile hub(320$)just kinda pricey) is this my only choice?I have the nimbusII 10 year anniversary 24 inch,i tried to put that wheel on there this morning and it didnt fit,that is a 42mm bearing.should i just buy the kh 29er frame and give up on the surly frame,or do i shell out the 320$ for the profile hub?i do like those moments crank,on all 3 of my unis,so im concerned with the profile cranks,will i like it?please any help would be great
thanks
Paul

You say the Nimbus ISIS hub didn’t fit? What about it didn’t fit? From everything I’ve read it should fit just fine. I don’t have direct experience with that frame, but the specs on the Nimbus ISIS hub are pretty much the standard for uni’s right now.

Give it a little time, but I’m sure you will find people who have built Surly’s with KH/Nimbus ISIS hubs.

you say you tried to put that wheel in? that may have been a bearing issue?, but the hub shoudl fit, just delace the wheel and built it up how you like :slight_smile:

How would relacing a wheel affect how the hub fits? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

The Nimbus hub and KH hub are both made to the same dimensions. ie 42mm bearings on 100mm centers. As far as I know, Surley frames should be compatible with this.

Profile hubs have 40mm bearings. (I think they are also on 100mm centers, but someone might correct me here).

So, a frame made to fit a Profile hub won’t fit a Nimbus/KH hub. But a frame made to fit a Nimbus/KH will fit a profile hub as long as this first.

STM

Profile hubs come with 2 different bearing options: 40 mm, and about 1 5/8". The conundrum is built for the larger option (or so they claim), so 42mm bearings should work fine. Profile hubs don’t have a set bearing width, so the frame might have to be squeezed in or pulled apart to accommodate nimbus/kh hubs.

So the question remains, was the width wrong or the bearing size wrong?

it just doesnt fit in the frame,im so upset im prob just gonna order a kh29 frame and be done with it,i got the surly frame on ebay for a good price,any one want to buy surly 26in frame its the bearings that dont fit,its like there too big?

got it

im an idiot,all i had to do was spread the forks out a bit and it fell right in,everyone deserves a mulligan

Redmuni, I pm’d you regarding something else. Tsilcycinu

ok got it

send ya one back(pm)

Anyone with the balls to admit to a mistake isn’t an idiot.

Glad you got it sorted.