NAUCC 2011 Discussion Thread

My first NAUCC :).

Its gonna rock.

Timer:

My 3rd Naucc gonna be siiiiiick!!

My third as well :stuck_out_tongue: Stoked to see everyone again!

My 30th USA Convention! I hope I can make it. I’ve missed two, including last year’s, and this year we already have a number of trips planned, and I’m limited on vacation days…

Probably my first.

If the roadtrip with Hugo works (and if I find a job ASAP) it will be all good :slight_smile:

I need to make my passport aswell.

On my side, it’s about 99 % sure, the 1 % left being if Stella’s car crashes before the 21st of July. :stuck_out_tongue:

And seriously, try not to wait too long (which is the exact opposite of the Émile I know…<3) to get your passport, because these things can often take longer than we think.

So ready for this next NAUCC ! And really happy they kept this name instead of U Games.

Hugo

Yeah NAUCC sounds way cooler. Emile, be awesome to finally meet you. And be wicked to see you again Hugo.

I really can’t wait. Going to my first ever Unicycle gathering. I’m excited to meet all the different people.

Any east coast riders who are driving should stop in Chicago a day or two before.

We might stop by Chicago, but not that long. Probably just a couple of hours, seeing we will already have stopped in Kingston and Toronto.

It will also depend if we take the ferry or not. Someone knows what is faster ? Thanks.

What do you like about NAUCC as a name?

There’s nothing so special about NAUCC, but it just so much better than U games.

Hellz Yeah. Can’t wait to meet everyone :slight_smile:

Why?

Lol, here we go again. :roll_eyes:

I think U-Games sounds…immature? For lack of a better term. Countless people have chuckled at me for wearing the “U-Games” t-shirt or wristband as opposed to the curiosity people seem to take when I wear the “NAUCC” t-shirt or wristband. It’s like unicycling gets off on the right foot when immediately introduced as something other than an x-games candidate wannabe.

Edit: In the end, I really couldn’t care less what it’s called as long as I’m getting to ride with friends.

It is only a personal taste, thus it is somewhat hard to explain, just like trying to explain why I like cheese but not olives. I guess I am just like these Conservatives who prefer things the old way. I am used to hear this name and do not feel like changing it. Plus, and again that is only me, I do not like the fact, whether it is on purpose or not, that the name U Games refers to X Games. Whatever everyone is saying, I like the fact that unicycling is a small and friendly sport where everyone knows each other, as opposed to most of the sports showcased at the X Games.

EDIT : Oups, Émile and Eli already posted…

It’s not only personal taste. It is 100% clear that “NAUCC” is a bad name for marketing purposes, assuming you want to get media coverage anywhere outside of unicyclist.com. It’s unpronounceable, long, and conveys no information about the event. “U Games” may or may not be the best name, but it’s obvious that functionally, it’s better than NAUCC.

Hey ! After all, I am not the one organizing it, you are/were. I am just stating what I think and what seem to be thinking most of the participants (who are talking atleast). However, if the organizers prefer to please the medias instead of the participants of their event, it is their choice !

No anger intended, I am just not finding the exact right words in English…

so wait…it’s back to being called naucc?

I hope so. U-games sounds stupid.

Edit: BOOM!

Also,

Your not coming to NAUCC? :frowning:

Man… that name just has a ring to it. NAUCC. I remember when I first started out Id go back’n’forth from saying nacuc and naccu and naucc lolz. But it has a definite ring to it now. I guess it sounds stupid to me because I don’t compete in “games” I compete in championships (and take part in conventions).