Name for unicycle hop

pogo is also very “clown like”

indeed

Perhaps this trick could be the Sadomizer? Maybe not…

Im all for keeping it simple on tricks that are just that, Simple.

I call it hopping and if you tell other people your gonna hop they know excactlly what your talking about. So Im content with that.

Anyone know what its called when you hop while standing on the tire? I think of that more as a pogo. But we could call that the Postman if you want too

Personally, I prefer just hop and jump. Pirate jig, while fun, is not very descriptive. Pogo goes with something else just like bunny-hop and ollie do. I can’t think of anything new though so I’ll probably just stick with the first two and add-ons like side-hop and rolling-hop.

I’m hip to Pirate Jig- however, Pogoing reminds me not at all of Kevin Costner; looks more reminiscent of a lap dog with amorous intentions tword a fire hydrant or innocent leg. Hummm… “Hound Doging”, “Do’n the Hydrant” or “K-9 Nasty”? Humm… not quite obscure enough…

In my permanent collection are Stone’s Kasack (wheel walk) and toofeno (backward, one footed)… and now Pirate Jig. I think we should perhaps start addressing the issue from the other direction- find tasty frazes then match them to an appropriate move. On that note, we need to find matches for:

St Vitus Dance
The Flying Dutchman
Harper’s Grandma

-Christopher

how aout IHOP?

So a major UPD after an IHOP is a “pancake”?

I’m down with “Harper’s Grandma”, but supposing you had a UPD on any sort of hopping or jumping trick, you could say “Harper’s Grandma had too much root beer” e.g. “He goes straight from the toofeno to the Cossack and tries to land the. . .oooh, looks like Harper’s Grandma had too much root beer on that one,” etc.

-my two cents

JonnyD

Wow, I’ve been quoted… I feel all important… :smiley:

Phil, just me

Re: Name for unicycle hop

JonnyD.c9qk1@timelimit.unicyclist.com writes:
>I’m down with “Harper’s Grandma”, but supposing you had a UPD on any
>sort of hopping or jumping trick, you could say “Harper’s Grandma had
>too much root beer” e.g. “He goes straight from the toofeno to the
>Cossack and tries to land the. . .oooh, looks like Harper’s Grandma had
>too much root beer on that one,” etc.
>
>-my two cents
>
>JonnyD

This is definitely the direction we should be heading in. We definitely
have to get rootbeer and Harper in there. But we might need a translation
across the border. In the US, we could say he had too much root beer. In
Canada, it might be sassafrass. Eh?

David

“. . .oooh, looks like Harper’s Grandma had too much root beer on that one and landed on her sassafrass. Ouch.”

-C

Re: Name for unicycle hop

Pirate Jig?

Isn’t that where a couple of guys hold up the victim while the captain
slashes his stomach, clips one end of his intestines, and holds on to it?
The two guys let go and the victim naturally backs away from the guy with
the sword. Backing away while his intestines unfold and spill out causes
quite an entertaining dance!

At least that’s how we do it around here.

Yes, this is off topic, but I wouldn’t want us to steal a term from another
sport.

Doug

Or, a simple name for a UPD might just be ‘sassafras’ or any combination of words that might follow… " he hit that tree root and sassafrassed his face"… “sassafrassed his leg with a nice shinburger along with it…”

anyway,

Hopping terminology for a unicyclist is like snow and ice terminology for the Eskimo. There are eleven numbered hopping skills listed in the USA/IUF rulebooks. Most of these have advanced derivations.
Those who want to impress the uninitiated with non-descriptive language might call out the number/letter for the skill they want the fellow unicyclist to perform: ‘do a 110a’. For a list of established names check out the Standard Skill List.