My standing

Hi all
My english is not very good but im going to try my best…
When i jump SIF i hold my seat with my right hand and i jump to the left… the problem is that when i stand and jump i have my left foot back and the right one in front… Is this wrong? …i think beacuse when i want to jump on some object (SIF-jumping) i have to push my seat ‘‘up’’ and a little bit ‘‘out’’ (with right hand to the right) but there is my right foot on the way… do i have to change my legs-position?.. how?

i hope you understood :thinking:
ask me if you didn’t
plz help :slight_smile:

That’s the exact same way I hop sif, and I can’t jump very high like that but it feels natural. I’m curious to see if this wrong or not too.

No stance is really wrong. Joe Hodges and Fabien Mark (sp?) both use that stance (except joe is reverse, left hand holding saddle left foot forward jumping right) and they are both incredible riders. However, there are distinct advantages to hopping towards your front foot and using the opposite hand to hold the seat. So for you that would be holding the saddle with your left hand and hopping towards the right. Hopping towards your front foot makes landings more stable and pedal grabs easier. PM the user Sponge about this as he has more experience than most because he learned to be ambidextrous in his trials riding.

thank you for that :slight_smile: i will try to change my legs-position (its hard to jump like that for me) but if i change my hand i think its harder beacuse i will have to jump to the right…
I already jumped 4 ‘‘paletes’’ and now i will have go start again :astonished:

Here’s a good thread on the topic

Can somebody find any video how do they jump SIF and pedalgrab?- Those who jump just like me? :thinking: