My long weekend 24hr race...who's interested?

Hmmmm…might work. Maybe I’ll try and seduce her, but then I might not really get the OK from my wife. Of course, if she got mad enough at me, I’d be freed up again. :astonished:

First time for me.

I just rode a muni for the first time this weekend. I’ve been riding a freestyle uni for about 2 months. Brian and I did two rides this weekend, (and a lot of walking), and I am hooked. As an ex MTBer, I have riden the trails around here hundreds of times. But I have never had as much fun as I did on a uni.

I’ve got from here til May to practice. The long weekend in Mansfield will be a true test. I’m a bit nervous about a 24 hr race, but I thinks it will be lots of fun. Hopefully all you veteran riders will take it easy on me.

Any of you who have done this race before (or another 24 hr race), I hope some of you will share some tips on how to survive, and how to best prepare.

Anywho, I’m sure looking forward to the race, and I’ll see all of you there.

I just gave Tim the most intensive intro to MUni lesson I’ve ever given anyone! He is a natural, and will be a force to be reckoned with at the race!

Lessons covered in Tim’s first MUni weekend (after only learning to ride since he came out with us for our North Bay filming as a non-rider!)

Ice, snow, rocks, drop offs, run outs, tree grabbing, Muni with loose seat post, MUni with seat too low, puddles, slush, and even riding down the hill where he probably recieved his worst mountain bike injury!

Tim was the one who originally introduced me to mountainbiking, it was great returning the favour!

Lessons, or revenge???

I didn’t realize those were lessons. I was starting to think you were just sending down those nasty hills to entertain your own sick mind. I guess that revenge is a dish best served cold, and with all the snow, it was just that.

Well, other than having really sore legs today, I had a great time on my first Muni ride. To many, many more.

Thanks for the lessons Brian.