My growing list of places to ride, frame building report, and crank size

I’ve decided to make myself a list of some great places to ride here in Brisbane, Australia. I’m going to keep adding to the list and I’ve only really listed local places but it’s a great list already. I’m so lucky to live only 5km or so from Mt. Cootha which has hundreds of great tracks that I can’t wait to try.

On a different topic, I’m about to get the frame built and I’ll order the rest of the wheel for my custom muni tomorrow. The frame will apparently only take about 4hours of actual work to do which surprised me so with any luck I’ll be out muni-ing before my holiday on Christmas Day. My friend who’s also upgrading his unicycle has now got the original frame, saddle, and tyre with a Sun BFR rim and the Profile setup. I borrowed his unicycle for a few hours today and it was great. I did a few bigish drops today and had heaps of fun. The only thing I’m worried about is that the cranks are actually a bit small for my liking (145mm on a 24"). This wasn’t my choice really and I’ll go into the details if you want me to but will I get used to this size? I think I’ll eventually save up and get some 170mm cranks but with a brake it shouldn’t be too much of a problem should it?

I’ve attached the list as a text document.

Thanks,
Andrew

unicycling - places to ride.txt (2.86 KB)

I personally think you’ll get used to it. It’s all technique anyway.