My Custom Paint Job

My friends and i just spray painted my old schwinn 24" cruiser type unicycle with my old kh seat. (my first one ever) now i hav my kh. Anyways heres what it looks like.

another

another

You defaced a Schwinn. I don’t beleive in the Death Penalty, but this is outrageous…

Not to mention stealing Darren Bedford’s Flame design… poorly.

Paint the whole frame yellow and spend the 10 bucks to have some black flame stickers shipped to you. It’s worth it.

Cat-turd, way to put down some original work… :roll_eyes: NEWS FLASH Darren didn’t invent the concept of putting flame-licks on vehicles! Bedford’s application just made it easy for those who don’t want to take the time and do their own work.

I give Schmidty’s paint job two thumbs up, one for the smashing yellow tint, and one for the custom flames. And don’t get your panties in a knot there Theo, a “bare Schwinn” isn’t exactly the prettiest thing on the block. IMHO, it calls for a decent paint job…

me and lancerfan119 helped john (schmidty563) on the schwinn

we aren’t the greatest, drawers, john’s pretty good though

basically, we liked Darren’s flames, and had not a clue how to draw any others, so we drew the forked-look flames because that’s all we could do

yeah, if we wanted it to be perfect, we’d buy some bedford flames, but it was just a quick, fun sunday project

if i were to put flames on my kh (which i got from bedford) or any other nice uni, i’d probably buy some, same for the other guys

anyway, thanks for the complements, and… criticism

(catboy, if i wanted my uni to look super-sick/awesome, i’d get one like yours, but i don’t have the cash for a bedford setup w/ profiles :-/, my KH serves me quite well though)

I wasnt suggesting that yours was bad, per ce. Nor was I saying that everyone should buy a setup like mine, it was costly and I worked hard for it.

I just thought that if you were going to “custom” paint something that you would create your own design…

I’ll admit, I was a bit harsh, but Black and Yellow shouldn’t be abused, they’re just too darn cool.

indeed,
i was debating between a KH and a setup like yours w/ cotterless, i went w/ the splined KH though

Good choice. I’m amazed at how many people use my Muni as an example of awesome. Even Kris Holm was excited about my yellow fusion seat, which he didn’t even know were being made. It just goes to show that a little hard work pays off…

thanks for all ur input

I think it looks great! Bringin back an ol’ dog unicycle with a cool paintjob. It’s an awesome improvement.

My friends and i just spray painted my old schwinn 24" cruiser type unicycle with my old kh seat. (my first one ever) now i hav my kh…

Cool…I’m sure Kris would be proud. :wink:

Did you sand down, or remove, the chrome first?

next time if you use some spray adhesive or even tape the flames on a bit closer to the frame you’ll avoid the overspray that you got.

Nice Job

haha, i was helping on the project, and noticed the overspray (on the second side), and john and trey (lancerfan119) said that they had the first side like that, so they did the same on the second side

Jeez, it’s a friggin’ Schwinn, not the Holy Grail. Times have changed…those relics need all the help they can get.

And to the rest of the critics: chill. It’s not like a Schwinn frame is a 57 Chevy. Just how many different places are there for applying the flames? They belong where they were placed. If you put them at the other end of the frame, facing down, it would just lead to far too many bad “fart jokes”. We’ve already filled up a thread on that, so let’s not go there again.

to answer the question, yes i did sand down the chrome off first so the paint would stay on better
and the overspray was an accident but like coldawg sed we made the second side like it cuz the first one had it

to answer the question, yes i did sand down the chrome off first so the paint would stay on better
and the overspray was an accident but like coldawg sed we made the second side like it cuz the first one had it

Easily the coolest looking schwinn I have ever seen. Well done guys, well done.
Also, I think the hand painted flames are way cooler than decals–more original, and sure, a bit cruder, a little on the “unprofessional looking” side, but so what, but that’s what makes them cool. Anyone can buy a decal and stick it on their unicycle, but it does take guts to hand paint something on a uni frame.
Thumbs up from here in the Big Apple.

we sanded w/ big grit sandpaper, but how do you get the chrome off on any uni?

on the schwin, the chrome didn’t come up, we just roughened up so the paint would stick

Also, when someone said to buy bedford flames, Coldawg and I thought that they wern’t wide enough for the schwinn cuz it is flat, so we just made our own ones to be safe, and also, we didn’t want to tape it down because the tape we used earlier left sticky stuff and the stuff u use to take that off takes some paint off too. But it turned out swizeet