My 7 year old riding

My youngest son is hooked on riding. He worked really hard this past month and is riding beautifully. Still working on the freemount. Now he wants a mountain uni.

That’s awesome! When I’m gonna have kids(if I do) I’m gonna make them unicycle before biking:)

me and my friends have a theory that if you find a teenager that has never even tried to ride a bike, and ive them a unicycle,they may find it easier to learn…

Congratulations to you and your son.

Memphis Unicycle Club had a little boy who started to learn when he was 7 but did not get proficient until a couple months after he turned 8. He did NOT know how to ride a bicycle but he could ride a unicycle.

Awesome. Ahhhh t’warms my heart everytime I go to schools and see so many little ones riding. Its really cute haha. Then its awesome seeing their jaws drop when you show them what you can do.

Congrats to both of you!

That’s great Duane! Congrats to both of you! Hope we can get one more BIG wheel ride in before it snows! I know of at least 4 who’d be in.

Ahhh, nothing like being made to do something when your little:D

Sweet! My son wants to uni (I think… he pushes ours around if we hold the seat off the ground for him, but he doesn’t talk yet so he hasn’t said he’s wanted to learn per se…) but they don’t make uni’s in 18 month old size :wink: We’re keeping our eyes open for a trike with a pneumatic tire we can mod :wink:

Wow, what a great shot of your son riding!

Perhaps easier in terms of less to unlearn, but I think the confidence of pedaling and balancing something in two dimensions would override that. It would be an interesting experiment to conduct, but it would be hard to prove anything unless large numbers of riders learned both ways under controlled conditions…

It’s always better getting reactions from a unicycling crowd than from a non-unicycling crowd. They appreciate and understand the skills more!

Thanks every one. Does anyone have a recommendation for a smaller Muni. I was thinking it would probably be a 20".

Nick there is a 12" unit that you may look into. My kids weren’t able to ride that one though. Had to get the 16" before they made any progress.

Sweet! My son wants to uni (I think… he pushes ours around if we hold the seat off the ground for him, but he doesn’t talk yet so he hasn’t said he’s wanted to learn per se…) but they don’t make uni’s in 18 month old size We’re keeping our eyes open for a trike with a pneumatic tire we can mod
Thanks John.

Thanks every one. Does anyone have a recommendation for a smaller Muni. I was thinking it would probably be a 20".

Nick there is a 12" unit that you may look into. My kids weren’t able to ride that one though. Had to get the 16" before they made any progress

Thanks John

No need for a dedicated muni for a little guy like that. Put a knobby BMX tire on what he’s already riding, and he’ll be set (unless that’s a 16" he’s on now–then a 20" would be a good choice). You could go to a trials uni, but the weight would be a disadvantage at this point in his riding. My 12 year old is about 105 lbs, and he still finds the weight of the Summit Trials he rides a bit of an issue (but to be fair, that thing is a tank). He’d still be riding the old 20" if I hadn’t sold it out from under him …