Muni routes in the lake district

I’ve got a week off work and I’m going to be heading up to the lakes. I’m planning to be doing some riding around grizedale forest which I’ve ridden on a duocycle. But was wondering if anyone knew of any good routes (preferably circular.) from Ambleside. Pub reccomendations would be muchly appreciated too. Cheers.

Kit

get yourself a good OS map and serch out some bridle ways- but pay attentsion to those contour lines. If you can make it up to Keswick( one bus ride away i think) theres a great circular ride from the old railway station along the old railway line up to Blenthcathra centre, towards the Youth hostel and then back under the Crags and down to keswick again, a bunch of us did this at BMW, its a bit of an MTb classic so should be easy to find out more if you ask at a lakes bike shop.

Walna scar road is abit good too, coming down into Coniston.

SArah

some of the bike shops do laminated maps with marked routes showing how hard sections are (in MTB terms)… have fun!

and pubs - the Watermill at Ings has great food & a massive range of beers. about 10 on tap, plus bottles up to 12%!(nice chocolate beers, the raspberry’s a bit sweet). Wilf’s cafe in Staveley is good - very healthy food and the Bull’s Head (I think - it’s by the grocers and has an on-site brewery) in Coniston is very good too.