Muni rider in the South East of England wanted

I have a journalist in London (UK) who would like to do an artical on Muni but wants to meet a Muni rider local to her. Is there anyone about who can help her.

Regards

Roger

Have you asked Joe Rowing?

I’m really interested in meeting up with this journalist, I’ve already contacted Roger & got an e-mail. I’m going to try and base the ride in Oxford (Shotover Country Park) or between Oxford & London (Aston Hill maybe). If anyone has a better suggestion for location then I’m open to offers, and of course the more riders, the better an idea for its popularity & the more opinions & stories we’ll get across.

Loose.

where?

ah, who am I kidding, I’m only 18

I’m 19. Whats your point? ;). If you want to come along feel free, I’ll PM you the details of where & when and see if you can make it!

Loose.

can do if you like - would take them out onto the north downs for some awesome singletrack

I’d be up for that.

Paul

I was thinking of going to one of the more specific places for Muni, ones closest to London being Aston Hill & Swinley Forest. You have to pay (£3 at aston and £1.50 at swinley or something) but the quality of the tracks is better, they’re more compact and there are better facilities (especially at Swinley). Unless you know some good places to go south of London, these I think would be a good introduction to Muni.

Loose.

If it ends up at Swinley Forest I would try and get there.

Keith

cheers. I’ve got nothing else to do hence the reason i’m here all the time!!:smiley:

Re: Muni rider in the South East of England wanted

WOW…you’re own personal journalist!!

I want one too :smiley:

Adam

"Unless you know some good places to go south of London, these I think would be a good introduction to Muni. "

There are some of the best trails for muni in england in the surrey hills.

Holmbury hill has 2 of my top 5 ever ridden trails.

I’ve been meaning to go there for some time… Richard - get the Journo to go there! :smiley:

We have to bear in mind that the journo might be on foot. So bombing down miles of singletrack might not be the best thing if we’re constantly leaving her behind. She (still) hasn’t got back to me, but when she does I’ll ask her if she has a bike she can bring along…

Apart from that small reservation, I’ve always wanted to try some of the downs rides, so maybe holmbury hill would be good. Especially when we can do them with someone who’s ridden the trails before.

Loose.