muni radio interview at Santa Barbara

Hey, Folks. I thought you might be interested in this little treat: a radio interview with members of the Santa Barbara Mountain Unicycle Club.

Listen here: http://publicradioweekend.publicradio.org/programs/index_20040619.html
(scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the link)

The LA-based radio station, KPCC 89.3, approached me about this(thanks to John Foss who recommended us) to spread the news about muni. According to John, this is one of the only unicycling radio stories he’s ever heard about.

With any luck, it will spark more muni in the LA area. Anyway, let us know what you think!

-Eyal
www.sbuni.org

cool thanx!

300 foot shear drop! :astonished:

On the Real One player it said Minnesota Public Radio? That’s odd since it was in Santa Barbara.

Second… They said Termites.:smiley:

The show is produced in LA for several different PR stations. They probably just took the lead in for Minnesota when choosing a clip. It was an interesting experience doing a radio interview on the trail. I was surprised to hear what they used and how they spliced it all back together.

matt

Nice work, boys.

See you next weekend – the back is almost fine and I started back (easy) today.

JL

2mph?

i hope the listeners didn’t get the wrong idea. i really think muni is a lot faster than that…

-grant

Yeah, by at least 3mph! :stuck_out_tongue:

Congrats on the exposure, guys! I have to wonder what kind of visual image a listener would get if they had never seen or heard of Muni.

Scott

Cool story, you are a fine group of bikers

2-3 mph may be on the slower end but it it’s pretty slow going down the trail here in SB.

That was a horrible line but seems to be the norm.

matt