Muni photo session, Princetown UK, THIS WEEKEND (October 7th or 8th)

A journalist has contacted me wanting to take pictures for an article he’s writing for the Telegraph paper. He lives near me, so the photo session would be on one of the trails near Princetown, either Saturday or Sunday afternoon (day to be confirmed on Thursday evening).

He’s asked if I can find any other muni riders for the pics, so if any of you are up for coming down for an afternoon this weekend, please let me know ASAP - also which day you could make. We could go on a ride afterwards, assuming the photo session doesn’t go on too long.

Rob

Update: Sunday afternoon is looking to be favourable.

Rob

Bump one last time. Looks like Sarah and Paul are going to be there, but anybody else would be a bonus.
It’ll almost definitely be Sunday afternoon.

Rob

Sorry, I can’t make it, I will be in Southampton.

Mike

No problem - it was very short notice. The bloke rang Sarah yesterday, who put him on to me as he lives near me (actually on my regular unicycle commuting route but he claims he’s never seen a unicyclist). He’s apparently managed to scrounge a unicycle from UDC (presumably in exchange for a mention in the article) and reckons he’s going to learn to ride before the weekend… he’s meeting me tomorrow evening for a “lesson”.

Could be interesting.

Rob

I met up with Chris, the journalist, this evening. He spent half an hour or so with my 20" and was looking like he’ll learn quicker than I did. He’s borrowed the uni to practise, so it’s possible he may even be able to ride it at least a bit by Sunday - I was quite impressed.
We’ve arranged to meet at the Plume of Feathers pub on Sunday (8th October) at 2pm. Sarah and I will probably be going on a muni ride after the photo session if anybody wants to join us at the last minute.

Rob

Rob, has the article been out yet?

I have just been told that someone saw an article about unicycling across dartmoor in the telegraph on saturday but they hadn’t got the article.

Anyone?

Plumsie

Is it this one ?

That looks like it could be the one, Anyone got a scan of this, I was told there were photos.

Plumsie

Yes that was the one. Not the best article - as they used to say on my school reports, “could do better”. It was almost entirely fictional… not sure why he came to see us at all really. Oh well.

I can scan it tonight if you like - there was one fuzzy picture :confused:

Rob

yeah could have done better, research should be mandatory eh? there’s nothing about us canadians eh? We started Muni, well george peck did, but kris tottally put it on the map. So personally i think B.C is the birthplace of muni. I think if you get down to it George peck was the first, but the sport only took off after Kris, Dan, and Adam ryzner showed us what it was about in U1. none of whom were from cal.
cheers
bry

Yes - and I didn’t think George Peck was Californian anyway… doesn’t he live in Alaska or something?
He didn’t really ask us much, and didn’t use much of what he did get. Bit of a shame really :frowning:
I think he wrote it in too much of a last-minute panic.

Rob

I think it’s illegal to write an article about ‘extreme sports’ without mentioning California :roll_eyes:

It’s funny how a fairly crap article like that is in a national paper when far better articles have been written in local or student papers!

Here’s a scan of the article.

Rob