Muni-only race, Albany NY, Sunday, 25 Sept 2011

Saturday Events

Hi, On Saturday we’ll have a fun-ride at some local trails and then dinner at my house.

Fun ride at 4pm, meet at Guilderland Elementary School, back of the parking lot. (2225 Western Avenue, Guilderland, NY).

Dinner at 6pm at my house (3 Warren St, Albany, 12203).

Please let me know if you’re coming for dinner so we can cook the right amount of food.

Roland

I will be there to ride and eat fooD!

1. Roland (Albany)
  2. Steveyo (Albany)
  3. Buzz (Rochester)
  4. Jason Kahn (Chatham)
  5. Max DeMilner (Portsmouth, NH)
  6. Kaycee (Maine!)
  7. Kyle DeMilner (Parsippany, NJ)
  8. Rob (Colonie, NY)
  9. Tom Baker (Glens Falls, NY_

So glad you guys are doing this again, I’ll bring my brain bucket this time. Also 99% sure I can make Sat. and I’ll be flying solo. Looking forward to it. Oh yes love to join the dinner should I bring something to share?

I’ll be there just in time for dinner, but I’ll have to miss the Saturday riding.

Many wishes for a fast and injury-free race today!

We had a great race today, had 9 ‘racers’ and another few ‘fun riders’. The trails were a bit slick, but everyone managed to get around without killing themselves. Full results for the 2hr race are posted here. We also had a fun trail ride Saturday afternoon, and some bonus trials riding after dinner at my house.

Huge thanks to Heather Rizzi for helping us put this race on, and to all the racers to traveled from around the region to join both this race.

Ro

Racers
Unicycle Race Results

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_7949.jpg

Is there a forthcoming vid like last year :o

No video from me this year. Recalling how much time editing takes, I decided not to. There were a handful of cameras around though.

Here’s a group pic from the fun ride:

Steveyo, Kai, Tom, Rob, Roland, Buzz, (missing Kaycee, who showed up a bit late)

And from the race:

Kyle, Max, Roland, Kaycee, Buzz, Steveyo, Tom, “non-racer”
Missing from picture: Kelley and Rob

grouppostrace.jpg

funridegroup.jpg

I think the “non-racer” guy’s name is Jeff.

Congrats to all the racers, that’s a HARD track.

Thanks to Heather Rizzi, for her professional job running the race, and Roland and Judy Kays for their wonderful party.

[QUOTE=steveyo;1481340]
I think the “non-racer” guy’s name is Jeff.

“non-racer” guy is definitely Jeff.

I’d also like to thank Heather Rizzi for her part in making my first muni race an enjoyable event. Many thanks to Roland and Judy for their hospitality. Thanks a ton to Roland for the loaner; my Sun wouldn’t have made it through the fun ride. Thanks to Steve for all the encouragement from day one. Great to meet everyone and I hope to see you all again!