MUni not a euphanism...

Lewis and I put in a good 4+ hours of off-roading today. Highlights included riding on a island made insidently during a massive contruction project- it sits on a mostely dried up flood plane, 100’ square 12’ high with shear sides and a massive oak tree growing from the center. We scaled the verticle sides and rode around the oak, out of pure celebration of the vast surrealness of it. A neer by appatment compex afforeded a view to the residents of what is likely the strangest pair of druids seen in these parts in some time.

After several hours of punishment, Lewis was sticking the majority of his off-road-free-mounts, and surprised me by bombing down 30 yards of a 40 deg, pine needle covered, grade. He also jumped off a curb and exibited great wheel controll as situations demanded- such as when he banked up the side of a trail to avoid a log, or turned his wheel ossolations into straight perfection for riding a dry ridge through mud. I wish I could claim responsibility, but it is all the product of his effort (I’m still proud).

Anyway, to get to the punch line: there I was, in the check out line of the Wal-Mart, looking half-dead from play, making iddle (heh) chit-chat with the clerk. She asked me what I had been doing to wear me out so, and I told her off-road unicycling. She gave me a look that said “Here we were, engaged in polite conversation, like civilized people- and you have to go and be an Ass.”

Christopher

> She gave me a look that said "Here we were, engaged in
>polite conversation, like civilized people- and you have to go and be
>an Ass."

lol, nice!

Re: MUni not a euphanism…

Chris,

Thanks for the kind words. :slight_smile: I am starting to feel more in control as time goes on. Now I just need an offroad tire. Or an offroad unicycle!

Ah, money.

Lewis

kindly show her a pic of someone doing some muni.
-david kaplan

> She asked me
> what I had been doing to wear me out so, and I told her off-road
> unicycling. She gave me a look that said "Here we were, engaged in
> polite conversation, like civilized people- and you have to go and be
> an Ass."

Classic beyond classic! Save that line as you’ll probably find another time
& place where it can be used.

—Nathan

In article <a4seco$mq0$1@laurel.tc.umn.edu>, rhysling <forum.member@unicyclist.com> wrote:

> Anyway, to get to the punch line:
> there I was, in the check out line of the Wal-Mart, looking half-dead
> from play, making iddle (heh) chit-chat with the clerk. She asked me
> what I had been doing to wear me out so, and I told her off-road
> unicycling. She gave me a look that said "Here we were, engaged in
> polite conversation, like civilized people- and you have to go and be
> an Ass."
>
recently i met a stranger in the pub and was asked what i had been doing to get all those marks on my shins ( i was showing someone i did know my latest gashes), i told her i’d been at the skate park on my unicycle.
closing time approached and i fetched my uni from its special parking place at the end of the bar.

i saw the girl again outside the pub and she said “sorry, i didn’t beleive that you realy rode a unicycle” i got the feeling that she thought i was being an ass untill she actually saw it.

maybee this is what goes through most peoples heads when you mention that you ride a unicycle, i realy hope that there arn’t people out there who think i’m a compulsive liar.

i don’t normally go out without my unicycle though,

UMX aka ewancycle

citizen_smith@hotmailOBSCURED.com
(your know the deal, there isn’t realy a domain called
hotmailOBSCURED.com)