[MUNI] AmaOneTya - Snakes

I’ve found 3 techniques that convey difficulty

1. angles - film from odd angles… but mainly from the side/above for steep, or low angle for skinnies and still stands/gaps etc
  2. crash - show spectacular failures/crashes.
  3. camera danger - put the camera in danger… either in the path, or first person… close up following.

and in your case, show the puff adder biting the wheel

I find many non-unicyclist friends tend to enjoy the bail sections of our videos the most. Morbid curiousity perhaps?

Been meaning to post it…

:smiley: next time I’ll push my Uni at it and stand back to snap a pic. Was rather large at around 4 foot, which is massive for a puff adder.

[THREADJACK]That is a big puffer! I heard talk that the guys on conservation board were deliberately introducing a whole lot of puffadders to Tokai to curb a growing rat problem - Any idea if this is true? that is the 2nd snake i’ve seen there, but the first puffadder.[/THREADJACK]

As far as I know it’s true. There have been a few articles in local newspapers about it as well. Wasn’t quite sure why they were being introduced, first time I hear about the rat issue. Although can’t say I have ever seen a rat in Tokai … I have seen a massive Jack Rabbit though … frightened the living sh1t out of me when it took off about 3 meters from me :slight_smile:

I saw a strange thing the other day while going for my first actual walk in Tokai. Snake in a tree, looked like a Boomslang but could be wrong… light/shadows etc…, was being attacked by 2 birds. Clearly it was getting quite close to their nest. The birds did not leave it alone, even when it was on the ground getting away from them, they just kept attacking it. Was definitely a first for me, glad to have seen that.

I love Africa:)

But, the wierdest part of the story is that you were WALKING in TOKAI - What a strange concept:p

hahahahahahahahahahaha :smiley: yeah, it felt quite strange walking in the forest. Cool thing was that I was walking in a part of the forest I hadn’t been into yet. Was looking at riding lines the whole time and wishing I was on my Uni. Pity we’re not allowed to ride in that part of the forest as there are some wicked pieces to ride :wink: