Muni Adventure Oetztal

Marc and me, went for a six day muni adventure in the Oetztal, this is a valley in the austrian alps with a lot of 3000 masl peaks and glaciers. our idea was to carry everything we need for the week in our backpacks, with tent, sleeping bag, oven, cooking gear etc. for some meals we wanted to go in cabins.
we made a perfect plan where we wanted to go.

at the first day we startet with a cable car, but at the middle station they didn’t want to let us go all the way up with the munis, so that was the first time we had to change our plan. also because of a broken crank, snow, closed trail (rolling stones), bad weather we had to change it several times. We had sun, heat, wind, rain and even snow! and it was fantastic!

https://vimeo.com/179583799

Hi Turtle,

thanks for sharing ! Beautiful vid and crazy adventure !!

Glad you enjoyed it to the full and came back with only damaged equipment :stuck_out_tongue:

Austria is gorgeous! The trip looked incredible, thanks for sharing!

That’s a great video! Beautiful country, and amazing to be able to ride those trails with all that gear.

I’ve never heard of a Moment crank breaking like that, but I like that bike crank replacement - were you able to find something the right length?

It was Spirit cranks and on the disk side ! (that is double bad luck…)

i had a spare muni in my car, so i could easy change the crank.
because i thought something like this could happen, and i didn’t want to endthe trip at the first day, i packed the second muni.

i had to go to the bikeshop the take out the pedal. they had to cut the crank because i didn’t get out…

thanks for the comments!

i had a spare muni in my car, so i could easy change the crank.
because i thought something like this could happen, and i didn’t want to endthe trip at the first day, i packed the second muni.

i had to go to the bikeshop the take out the pedal. they had to cut the crank because i didn’t get out…

thanks for the comments!

Thanks for that

Massively inspirational.

I have replaced paragliding with uni-cycling. (wife and kids forces sale! and a few near misses!)

What size unicycles were they/ you on?
Does the pack weight impact cycling too much?

We go the Ecrin national park every summer - planning on a similar adventure.

thanks!

we both ride 26", the heavy backpack impact riding of course bit not too much (for me).

Excellent video!

Awesome :smiley:
I would love to do something like that but my skills and fitness aren’t nearly as good as yours. I get tired from just 5 miles, ~ 500 ft gain over ~ 4hrs (MANY UPDs & reatemts)

What was your total distance & elevation gain, and average hours per day of riding/climbing?

we did about 1200 meters of evelation per day, and have been riding/hiking between six and nine hours. it’s not a lot, but six days in a row with the heavy bags it was enough :slight_smile:
it was awsome!

Awesome - massively inspirational.