MUCsters know thy past

From a list of unicycle clubs that participated in the 1973 National Unicycle Meet, Pontiac Michigan, a forerunner of the Memphis Unicycle Club :

This is from the report on the 1973 National Unicycle Meet, Pontiac Michigan June 30 - July 1, which was published simultaneously with the first issue of the USA Newsletter, both dated January 1974.

Cheers,
Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

We’re hoping for that hole ‘those who forget their past are doomed to repeat it’ synergy thang. Rise from the ashes, pheonix mojo stuff. Ya.

Who am I? poof

I know this guy. I think he is 82 now. His daughter lives just several doors down from me. He is a real hoot to talk with, a real character. He has since stopped unicycling due to some medical problems but - gosh - this guy will talk your ear off once he engineers unicycling into the conversation. He has a ton of wonderful advice from “back in the day.” I think that he thinks that I’m a whimp because I don’t machine my own hubs and cranks. His daughter is a unicyclist too, though it has been years since she has ridden. When I was learnig to ride they were both very supportive and encouraged, inspired me not to get frustrated.

Tommy, that is very excellent. If I find any more references to him or the club, I’ll pass them along.

Cheers,
Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

For years he also had a TV program for kids after school. The guy is a beautiful spirit and I’m sure that he was an excellent ambassador for unicycling in his day.