Mt. Lemmon - Tucson, Arizona possible MUni trail

I was out for my annual weekend with the boyz - college buds - we are now nearing 50. Kind of a catch up on old times, drink beer and rockclimb kind of weekend two weeks ago.

We were camped up at Hitchcock campground on Mt Lemmon about 45 minutes from Tucson. I went for a short hike and found the Green Mountain trail at the back of the campground. This looked like nice trail for anyone in the Tucson area. Within 100 yards of the campground is a dry creek bed with tons and tons of granite boulders of all sizes screaming for a natural trials rider to come and have some fun. The trail itself, which parallels the creek at this point went up gradually and had some fun little parts to it - wooden drainage steps and some smaller rocky sections. I only walked up about 1/4 mile from the campground, but it still looked like a nice trail and possibly do as a shuttle. The end of the trail was supposed to be 3.5 miles away.

I don’t Muni in this area, nor really muni any more, but I wanted to pass it on to any of the Tucson area riders out there.

Cheers.

I live in Tucson and have gotten into muni for the past few months. I have been hitting the desert trails and will be moving up the mountain as summer hits. I have hiked the Green Mountain trail pre-muni. There are lots of options in the Catalinas, which I plan on exploring this summer. Thanks for your post.