Movie maker mystery

All of a sudden and for no apparent reason, every time I attempt to “split” a segment of the video during editing, movie maker simply shuts down! Every time! I’ve run two separate virus scans…none found. also spyware says all’s well. So I can’t figure it out!

Specifically, I can do only 7 splits, then anything after that it just shuts down! I normaly have dozens of clips that have been "split"and never had any problems. Anybody else have this problem?

Also, I thought maybe could just reinstall movie maker, but I don’t know how because all I got with this laptop when I bought it (new) was three separate “restore” discs, but from what I’ve researched online, it says I need the Win XP disc. Is that the same as the restore discs? I have three of them, and they are not “bootable”.

I have one other disc that is bootable, but under the contents section there is nothing for Movie maker. Help if you can please! :slight_smile:

I have the same problem, whenever I upload a clip from my video camera it always shuts itself down so I have to use my other computer to do it. I find that it also shuts down sometimes for no reason, it just freezes and you lose whatever you have done.

This is what i have and i’m very happy to have it still. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I can get you premiere pro if you’d like, you’d just have to wait about 2 days at the most.

Premiere is harder and more complicated to use at first, but you get used to it pretty quickly, and it wont hang up and shut down like WMM, its very worth it.

That would be great! How would you get it to me?

Ill upload the files to megaupload.com, send you the link, and you can download it from there. :smiley:

That’s right cool of you thanks so much! I’ve been wanting to upgrade into better editing software but MM was just sooooo easy to figure out and use, while every other program was just too complicated to use. Hopefully I’ll have good luck with Premier! Thanks again Jerrick!:smiley:

No problem. The installation file is big, so it will take a while to upload, but the program itself isnt that big, so once installed you can delete the installations files and save some space.

Learning to use it isnt too hard, they have the import to get files, capture to get files from DV tapes, and all the other standards, you just gotta mess around through all the options and memorize where the basics are.

Movie Maker

Movie Maker used to work fine but now I’m having similar problems. Simply dragging a clip to the timeline will sometimes freeze the program. I find I have to save my work constantly to avoid losing my efforts. There is no way to download just Movie Maker from Microsoft. It’s part of Service Pack 2.

I have Adobe Premier but it’s on my other PC at my Vermont condo. I agree it’s powerful but difficult to learn.

I also own Sonic My DVD and Roxio but they have their limitations too.

If anyone can point me to something better I’d greatly appreciate it.

After a dozen attempts I finally put together a short video from my recent trip to Davos, Switzerland. There are a few clips of this 60-something playing on snowboard and skis. In the first view, speed guns clocked me at 88 kph on the snowboard (55 mph). I remember thinking at the time that “this is a BAD idea”… Check out the video.

you can go to download.com and serach windows movie maker 2 and get it from them, and not have to worry about service packs or anything. :slight_smile:

Can you send that link to me to please?

PM

Yep, I will. =p

Make sure Terry knows doing that isn’t legal, its software piracy.

Im pretty sure he and the few others who wanted it knew that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just making sure everyone involved knew what they were up to ^.^

I purchased Cyberlink’s PowerDirector awhile ago. Haven’t used it a lot, but what I’ve done with it so far has been easy to do. You can check out on this site that reviews the top 10 video editing software.

I sloved my Movie maker problem…I bought a NEW laptop! It runs the new windows “Vista”, and Movie maker comes with it and it is packed with a lot more features! It’s just simply the easiest editing program there is! HEre’s the laptop,and it’s really a super deal at only $699! (The add lists it for $899, but it’s on sale at Best buy with no rebate crap, just instant discount) http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=767345&cm_mmc=TLShopping--Nextag--Computers-_-Gateway%20MX8711%2017%22%20Widescreen%20Notebook%20Computer%20With%20Intel%20Pentium%20Dual%2DCore%20Processor%20T2060

I solved my Movie maker problem…I bought a NEW laptop! It runs the new windows “Vista”, and Movie maker comes with it and it is packed with a lot more features! It’s just simply the easiest editing program there is! HEre’s the laptop,and it’s really a super deal at only $699! (The add lists it for $899, but it’s on sale at Best buy with no rebate crap, just instant discount) http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=767345&cm_mmc=TLShopping--Nextag--Computers-_-Gateway%20MX8711%2017%22%20Widescreen%20Notebook%20Computer%20With%20Intel%20Pentium%20Dual%2DCore%20Processor%20T2060

I would like to try premier too, would you mind letting me in on the linkage? Thanks

Seamus

Sure, ill just send you the PM I have been sending to everybody else. COpy and paste tiem!!