Movie: A ledge

Jason says i should post it, so here it is: http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=165816

You ARE as good as Jeff Groves.

that was really cool! thanks for sharing.

:astonished: dang thats neato, you should try pushing yourself to try a bluntslide or taking your other foot off. do either of those are you will be the top bcer in my books.

:smiley:

holy hell your good… thats crazy…

Chase

That was awesome…Jason???

I allmost blut grinded it today, i have had more luck on a rail, it needs to be really steep, and waxed to hell, because when you hit your bacicly in a stall.

Blunt grind would be way easier on a 20 " BC… Ha!

No it wouldnt, you need tons of speed for a blunt grind, a 20s are slugs when it comes to speed.

HA!

you’d have to jump 3 inches higher…

3"

umm…I wouldnt go as far to say that, but that was a pretty good grind. Nice work.

I heard from someone (probably evan) that most of Jeff’s part in defect was filmed 15 months ago. If thats true then Jeff did his big ledge grind before Evan learned how to even ride a bc.

And once you can hop on a bc, then grinding is not any harder than on a uni. I think its easier because your feet are closer together and not staggered like a uni.

Yes???

Wow, nicely done Evan…impressive stuff for sure

What does the size wheel have to do with anything? More surface area = more friction slower. A trials BC would be pretty slow. But anotherwise its all pretty much the same. Weights also an issue. The less weight faster youll accelerate. Gotta love physics

e39m5

cool stuff.

what’s the difference between a plain ol’ grind and a “blunt grind” anyway?

A blunt grind is when you ride up on one side of the ledge/rail and hop over it and grind it on the opposite side.
Oh and thats a nice grind Evan…I don’t like watching that clip because when I grinded that ledge on my uni and I fell hard and landed in a hole squished against the fence…bloody hands ha, but your grind is good.

And physics also tells us that a lighter wheel will decelerate faster, too.

A bigger wheel carries more momentum (which is related to speed), but may be more the deciding factor when grinding. Whatever, I’m no expert.

Jason was right. Cool vid, sweet move. Keep it up.

[QUOTE=litldude2]
I heard from someone (probably evan) that most of Jeff’s part in defect was filmed 15 months ago. If thats true then Jeff did his big ledge grind before Evan learned how to even ride a bc.
QUOTE]

Haha, yeah. I gues what I meant is that he is better than the small amount of stuff Jeff Does in Defect…