Mounting lights without handlebars

As others have said, I have a front and rear light that go in the frame and seatpost. The rear light has good visibility but the front light is partially blocked by my legs. To counter this I have a helmet light that I use for night riding and to improve visibility alongside a running reflective vest & bag cover.

Keep in mind that you may not have a lot of side visibility which may or may not be important for you. I use the Salzmann 3M Spoke Reflectors to help with that. I also use the Schwalbe tires with reflective stripes when I can find the right size for my unicycles. Anything to give me a little more visibility to others.

1 Like

Not tried myself, but Knog Cobber lights looks great for unicycling: https://www.knog.com/tagged/cobber/
Powerful lights with great side visibility and not-that-bad runtime.

Just keep in mind that those are lights used to be seen, as opposed to see by.

I know the lumen values look impressive, but remember that the brightness is spread out over a large area without any focusing lenses.

1 Like

I commuted by bicycle for a couple of years with a “be seen” light. I kept two of them on my handlebars, with one as a backup in case the battery died. What I found was that in the city I didn’t really need a super bright light unless I was bombing down a hill with no street lighting. For speeds of 15 mph or less the be seen light was adequate to illuminate my path.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, if there are street lights then you’ll be fine.

1 Like

My setup.

1 Like