Mountainuni Disc Brakes Have Arrived!

Thanks; will get that fixed.
Many riders are loving the KH/Schlumpf hub with Spirit cranks and a disc hub, but it’s currently a pain to set up - just depends on whether you think it’s worth it.
It’s also true that the larger flanges of the geared hub make for a super stiff wheel, so ideal for rim brakes. As such, I wouldn’t personally let disc brake compatibility affect a decision to go for the geared hub. It is too fun to ride to wait for some future release =)

I know, I already have two of them. :smiley:
KH26 and KH36

The HS33 works okay. But my Schlumpf hubs are both developing a fair amount of side-to-side play which makes it more likely to get brake rub on uphills and curves, especially on the 36" wheel.
Right now it’s not too bad, though. I like my Tensile cranks a lot, so no reason to upgrade other than for disc brakes.
But I can’t really afford switching to disc brakes on all of them right now, anyways. So I’ll just wait some more and use what I have.
Although I might change my mind…

Agreed and…

I would agree with DavidP that KH gear and Mountainuni kits work very welll together. Most all of our testing and prototypes were done with KH frames. I have a KH29 and KH36 mounted with UCM’s and Mountainuni kits for 3+ yrs and they have been rock solid without fail. Also have multiple customers who have successfully mounted my kits to their KH Schlumpf hubs. I understand the quandry of a very expensive hub and the associated potential risks surrounding warranty. It’s is a precise setup initially, so I would concur with Kris. And I’d recommend a qualified cycle mechanic to complete an install unless your quite capable with your own repairs. And I’m still not saying I’d replace a geared hub if it failed, but I know it works and much less inclined to believe that any geared hub failure would be a direct result of a disc brake (with caveat that it’s installed correctly & professionally). I would also add that Triton was the first to make frames with a disc tab for mounting a caliper, which eliminates the need for a UCM, and is a great complimentary design for a disc brake add-on.

Mountainuni’s preference of a strong BMX style interface with crank/rotor OR KH Spirit’s using a more traditional bike rotor and proprietary attachment, should not sway anyone from Disc braking with a Schlumpf. My UCM’s are strong, CNC machined & Made in USA.

Hi, does anybody knows where to get MountainUni Rotors here in Europe?
They wear out pretty fast IHMO.

Do I need to order directly from USA? Shipping & Customs will cost three times the rotor itself!..

PM’ed to MountainUni1 but no answer yet.

Cheers!

Ask jogi :wink: http://unicyclist.com/forums/member.php?u=14910

Many years after I would like to thank you guys for leading the market with your product. My 36er is still going strong with the square taper dual hole cranks and the brake has made me a more confident rider. Although I am just getting back into the swing of things your guys’ product was and is awesome.