more NUC videos

I finally finished going through my NUC tape, so the last of those
videos are up:

http://lutkus.com/video/NUC_2001/

the new ones are (descripton from memory, may be flawed) heaton_car.avi -
Dan Heaton rides onto and off the car hughes_car.avi - Jack Hughes does
“hop on wheel” off car roof kris_car_door.avi - Kris Holm gets on the car
with pedal grabs to the window, and top of the door kris_from_car.avi -
Kris Holm jumps from the car to the spool car_uni_spin.avi - a uni spin is
done on the roof of the car.

If you are are in any of the videos, and want me to take them down, want
to add any information, let me know. If I’ve spelled names wrong, let me
know. If you know the name of the person in the last video, I’d really
like to know. This kid was doing some really great trials stuff, I believe
he was from Puerto Rico.

jeff lutkus

Sent via the Unicyclist Community - http://Unicyclist.com

These are great! Keep it up!

-mg

“Jeff Lutkus” <lutkus@unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1007691428.7579.rsu@unicycling.org
> I finally finished going through my NUC tape, so the last of those
> videos are up:
>
> http://lutkus.com/video/NUC_2001/
>
> the new ones are (descripton from memory, may be flawed) heaton_car.avi
> - Dan Heaton rides onto and off the car hughes_car.avi - Jack Hughes
> does “hop on wheel” off car roof kris_car_door.avi - Kris Holm gets on
> the car with pedal grabs to the window, and top of the door
> kris_from_car.avi - Kris Holm jumps from the car to the spool
> car_uni_spin.avi - a uni spin is done on the roof of the car.
>
> If you are are in any of the videos, and want me to take them down, want
to
> add any information, let me know. If I’ve spelled names wrong, let me
> know. If you know the name of the person in the last video, I’d really
> like to know. This kid was doing some really great trials stuff, I
believe
> he was from Puerto Rico.
>
> jeff lutkus
>

> Sent via the Unicyclist Community - http://Unicyclist.com

im downloading them right now,my 56K is happy to see the mulitude of smaller ones!!! :astonished:

Jeff,

Thanks for your help. We’ve figured out our problem and are viewing the
clips. They are wondeful as we were not able to attend NUC 2001. Even
though we weren’t there, the clips really help us feel a part of what was
going on in Toronto. Thanks for all your work in producing the clips.

Bruce

Jeff Lutkus wrote:
>
> I finally finished going through my NUC tape, so the last of those
> videos are up:
>
> http://lutkus.com/video/NUC_2001/
>
> the new ones are (descripton from memory, may be flawed) heaton_car.avi
> - Dan Heaton rides onto and off the car hughes_car.avi - Jack Hughes
> does “hop on wheel” off car roof kris_car_door.avi - Kris Holm gets on
> the car with pedal grabs to the window, and top of the door
> kris_from_car.avi - Kris Holm jumps from the car to the spool
> car_uni_spin.avi - a uni spin is done on the roof of the car.
>
> If you are are in any of the videos, and want me to take them down, want
> to add any information, let me know. If I’ve spelled names wrong, let me
> know. If you know the name of the person in the last video, I’d really
> like to know. This kid was doing some really great trials stuff, I
> believe he was from Puerto Rico.
>
> jeff lutkus
>

> Sent via the Unicyclist Community - http://Unicyclist.com

Hi Jeff,

I said it a jew day ago, but the clips are really great! Thanx

greets -felix www.unitrial.de

Jeff Lutkus <lutkus@unicyclist.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
mailman.1007691428.7579.rsu@unicycling.org
> I finally finished going through my NUC tape, so the last of those
> videos are up:
>
> http://lutkus.com/video/NUC_2001/
>
> the new ones are (descripton from memory, may be flawed) heaton_car.avi
> - Dan Heaton rides onto and off the car hughes_car.avi - Jack Hughes
> does “hop on wheel” off car roof kris_car_door.avi - Kris Holm gets on
> the car with pedal grabs to the window, and top of the door
> kris_from_car.avi - Kris Holm jumps from the car to the spool
> car_uni_spin.avi - a uni spin is done on the roof of the car.
>
> If you are are in any of the videos, and want me to take them down, want
to
> add any information, let me know. If I’ve spelled names wrong, let me
> know. If you know the name of the person in the last video, I’d really
> like to know. This kid was doing some really great trials stuff, I
believe
> he was from Puerto Rico.
>
> jeff lutkus
>

> Sent via the Unicyclist Community - http://Unicyclist.com

Don’t tell anyone but I downloaded them at work. Here, I’m on a 56K as
well but planning to upgrade to ADSL.

Klaas Bil

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 04:55:10 +0000 (UTC), jagur
<forum.member@unicyclist.com> wrote:

>im downloading them right now,my 56K is happy to see the mulitude of
>smaller ones!!! :astonished:
>
>
>
>
>–
>jagur Posted via the Unicyclist Community - http://unicyclist.com/forums


“To trigger/fool/saturate/overload Echelon, the following has been picked
automagically from a database:” “36800, kill, INSCOM”

ya it took nearly 3 hours to get the big 33.7M one

Jeff:

I would enjoy seeing videos of you demoing some of the IUF skill-level
skills listed here: http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/

My friends and I watched your kick-up mount (on lutkus_juggle_doc.avi)
about 15 times to see how it is done.

–Mark

Jeff Lutkus wrote:

> I finally finished going through my NUC tape, so the last of those
> videos are up:
>
> http://lutkus.com/video/NUC_2001/
>
> the new ones are (descripton from memory, may be flawed) heaton_car.avi
> - Dan Heaton rides onto and off the car hughes_car.avi - Jack Hughes
> does “hop on wheel” off car roof kris_car_door.avi - Kris Holm gets on
> the car with pedal grabs to the window, and top of the door
> kris_from_car.avi - Kris Holm jumps from the car to the spool
> car_uni_spin.avi - a uni spin is done on the roof of the car.
>
> If you are are in any of the videos, and want me to take them down, want
> to add any information, let me know. If I’ve spelled names wrong, let me
> know. If you know the name of the person in the last video, I’d really
> like to know. This kid was doing some really great trials stuff, I
> believe he was from Puerto Rico.
>
> jeff lutkus
>

> Sent via the Unicyclist Community - http://Unicyclist.com


Mark Newbold Montpelier, Vermont USA http://dogfeathers.com Alternate
email: manx@sover.net

That’s not a bad idea, actually. Heh, it might even give me a clue what
skill level I fall under. Now I just have to find someone to hold the
camera :slight_smile:

> Jeff:
>
> I would enjoy seeing videos of you demoing some of the IUF skill-level
> skills listed here: http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/
>
> My friends and I watched your kick-up mount (on lutkus_juggle_doc.avi)
> about 15 times to see how it is done.
>
> --Mark
>
>
>
>
> Jeff Lutkus wrote:
>
>> I finally finished going through my NUC tape, so the last of those
>> videos are up:
>>
>> http://lutkus.com/video/NUC_2001/
>>
>> the new ones are (descripton from memory, may be flawed) heaton_car.avi
>> - Dan Heaton rides onto and off the car hughes_car.avi - Jack Hughes
>> does “hop on wheel” off car roof kris_car_door.avi - Kris Holm gets on
>> the car with pedal grabs to the window, and top of the door
>> kris_from_car.avi - Kris Holm jumps from the car to the spool
>> car_uni_spin.avi - a uni spin is done on the roof of the car.
>>
>> If you are are in any of the videos, and want me to take them down,
>> want to add any information, let me know. If I’ve spelled names wrong,
>> let me know. If you know the name of the person in the last video, I’d
>> really like to know. This kid was doing some really great trials stuff,
>> I believe he was from Puerto Rico.
>>
>> jeff lutkus
>>

>> Sent via the Unicyclist Community - http://Unicyclist.com
>
> –
> Mark Newbold Montpelier, Vermont USA http://dogfeathers.com Alternate
> email: manx@sover.net
>
>
>
>
_________________________________________________________________________-
__
> rec.sport.unicycling mailing list -
> www.unicycling.org/mailman/listinfo/rsu

Sent via the Unicyclist Community - http://Unicyclist.com

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 22:22:21 -0600 (CST), “Jeff Lutkus”
<lutkus@unicyclist.com> wrote:

>That’s not a bad idea, actually. Heh, it might even give me a clue what
>skill level I fall under. Now I just have to find someone to hold the
>camera :slight_smile:

Failing to have a biped around, a tripod might do?

Klaas Bil

“To trigger/fool/saturate/overload Echelon, the following has been picked
automagically from a database:” “Schengen, NAICC, mullah Mohammed Omar”

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 22:22:21 -0600 (CST), “Jeff Lutkus”
<lutkus@unicyclist.com> wrote:

>That’s not a bad idea, actually. Heh, it might even give me a clue what
>skill level I fall under. Now I just have to find someone to hold the
>camera :slight_smile:

Failing to have a biped around, a tripod might do?

Klaas Bil

“To trigger/fool/saturate/overload Echelon, the following has been picked
automagically from a database:” “Schengen, NAICC, mullah Mohammed Omar”

Jeff-

I’ve got a high speed connection so I had to download the behemoth avi file you had. What a great use for a car. Thanks for posting. I think I’ll go outside and wheel-hop on my wife’s car for an hour or so. I wouldn’t want to hurt my truck…it’s too high anyway.

Jeff, Great job! Thanks for posting those on the web. That is about the
next best thing to actually being there (which is good since I wasn’t
there). How big was the gap in kris_from_car.avi? I was certainly amazed!

Jeff

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 20:22:01 -0600 (CST) “Jeff Lutkus”
<lutkus@unicyclist.com> writes:
> I finally finished going through my NUC tape, so the last of those
> videos are up:
>
> http://lutkus.com/video/NUC_2001/
>
> the new ones are (descripton from memory, may be flawed) heaton_car.avi
> - Dan Heaton rides onto and off the car hughes_car.avi - Jack Hughes
> does “hop on wheel” off car roof kris_car_door.avi - Kris Holm gets on
> the car with pedal grabs to the window, and top of the door
> kris_from_car.avi - Kris Holm jumps from the car to the spool
> car_uni_spin.avi - a uni spin is done on the roof of the car.
>
> If you are are in any of the videos, and want me to take them down, want
> to add any information, let me know. If I’ve spelled names wrong, let me
> know. If you know the name of the person in the last video, I’d really
> like to know. This kid was doing some really great trials stuff, I
> believe he was from Puerto Rico.
>
> jeff lutkus
>

> Sent via the Unicyclist Community - http://Unicyclist.com
>
>
>


__
> rec.sport.unicycling mailing list -
> www.unicycling.org/mailman/listinfo/rsu
>


GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access
for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit:
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

Glad they were enjoyed. As for the spool, I really don’t recall. I think
it was put at a distance, with no intention of being used to get onto or
off of the car… but you get enough riders together, and they will
quickly push their limits.

On the subject of videos, I just added about 50 megs more today:
http://lutkus.com/video/jeff/

All is footage of me, filmed by people who are far from professional. Some
is silly trials, where in many cases, I ignore the very good advice of Mr.
Holm. There are a few really quick bits of freestyle skills. If I’m doing
any of those wrong, let me know :slight_smile:

> Jeff, Great job! Thanks for posting those on the web. That is about
> the next best thing to actually being there (which is good since I
> wasn’t there). How big was the gap in kris_from_car.avi? I was
> certainly amazed!

Sent via the Unicyclist Community - http://Unicyclist.com

Very nice. These are great for learning. I especially appreciated
seat_back_side.avi, hop_on_wheel.avi and circus_idle.avi as these are
skill I’m working on.

Watching you ride in the clip titled “edge.avi” I wondered if you had ever
attempted the full length of the concrete wall (including the dip in the
middle).

Thanks for posting them.

-mg

“Jeff Lutkus” <lutkus@unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1007863449.25592.rsu@unicycling.org
> Glad they were enjoyed. As for the spool, I really don’t recall. I think
> it was put at a distance, with no intention of being used to get onto or
> off of the car… but you get enough riders together, and they will
quickly
> push their limits.
>
> On the subject of videos, I just added about 50 megs more today:
> http://lutkus.com/video/jeff/
>
> All is footage of me, filmed by people who are far from professional.
Some
> is silly trials, where in many cases, I ignore the very good advice of
> Mr. Holm. There are a few really quick bits of freestyle skills. If I’m
doing
> any of those wrong, let me know :slight_smile:
>
> > Jeff, Great job! Thanks for posting those on the web. That is about
> > the next best thing to actually being there (which is good since I
> > wasn’t there). How big was the gap in kris_from_car.avi? I was
> > certainly amazed!
>
>

> Sent via the Unicyclist Community - http://Unicyclist.com

----- Original Message ----- From: Jeff Lutkus <lutkus@unicyclist.com>
Subject: Re: more NUC videos

> Glad they were enjoyed. As for the spool, I really don’t recall. I think
> it was put at a distance, with no intention of being used to get onto or
> off of the car… but you get enough riders together, and they will
> quickly push their limits.
>
> On the subject of videos, I just added about 50 megs more today:
> http://lutkus.com/video/jeff/
>
> All is footage of me, filmed by people who are far from professional.
> Some is silly trials, where in many cases, I ignore the very good advice
> of Mr. Holm. There are a few really quick bits of freestyle skills. If
> I’m doing any of those wrong, let me know :slight_smile:

Jeff,

Great job. What unicycle are you riding in those video’s? It appears to be
a 20" with flat crown and a blue seat. What seat is that? I have a Viscout
seat that looks similar to what I can see of yours.

Lowell

> Watching you ride in the clip titled “edge.avi” I wondered if you had
> ever attempted the full length of the concrete wall (including the dip
> in the middle).

I considered it, but with my crank to wheel ratio, I don’t think I could
have smoothly ridden up (wobble is a problem when you don’t have a whole
street to ride on). Also, I really wasn’t wearing proper safety equipment
to ride as I did… more dangerous, and I’d just be asking for trouble.

But, I do plan on riding it eventually :slight_smile:

jeff lutkus

Sent via the Unicyclist Community - http://Unicyclist.com

It’s a semcycle XL with a 20" wheel. I replaced the tire with a
Specialized “team spanky” (who comes up with these names?) 20x1.75 tire.
The tire is knobby, non-marking, and is rated for 100psi (which I
typically run it at). The seat is a semcycle deluxe seat plate, with a
roach cover, and air pillow. The blue you see is a set of miyata bumpers I
bolted into the plate.

I’d love to take the KH20 trials cycle for a ride, though. Nice fat tire I
can run at a lower pressure, and a flat crown for gliding. Maybe if I ask
Santa really nice… :slight_smile:

jeff lutkus

> Great job. What unicycle are you riding in those video’s? It appears to
> be a 20" with flat crown and a blue seat. What seat is that? I have a
> Viscout seat that looks similar to what I can see of yours.
>
> Lowell

Sent via the Unicyclist Community - http://Unicyclist.com

> Glad they were enjoyed. As for the spool, I really don’t recall. I think
> it was put at a distance, with no intention of being used to get onto or
> off of the car… but you get enough riders together, and they will
> quickly push their limits.

One thing Trials riders do (when not on a competition course) is to move
the objects around a lot. I have some pictures of Kris jumping from spool
to car (go to my Unicycle Conventions page:
http://www.unicycling.com/ofoto/uniconvention.htm). In this case, I think
the spool is 5-6’ from the car.

Stay on top, John Foss

> Glad they were enjoyed. As for the spool, I really don’t recall. I think
> it was put at a distance, with no intention of being used to get onto or
> off of the car… but you get enough riders together, and they will
> quickly push their limits.

One thing Trials riders do (when not on a competition course) is to move
the objects around a lot. I have some pictures of Kris jumping from spool
to car (go to my Unicycle Conventions page:
http://www.unicycling.com/ofoto/uniconvention.htm). In this case, I think
the spool is 5-6’ from the car.

Stay on top, John Foss