Mont 24 MTB enduro write up. (Team of 4 Munis)

^ Woo photo of TimTim… Thats Me!!
Thanks Tim.
Tim

Really cool photo too.

Great write up thanks.
And they are good photos too :slight_smile:

My seat gets hard after 2 hours… :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey OUtdoorJunkie.
Because we had a team of 4 and each lap was 20km and took at least 2 hours.
Each person only rode 2 hours out of every 8.
So you had a pretty good break.
If you had less people or a shorter loop it becomes harder.
One thing that helped was getting my stuff ready for my next lap as soon as I got back to that I could rest or sleep right up till it was time to head out.
We also decided to be fairly relaxed about transition and not be waiting at the swapover. We waited at the tent and the person would come and tap us.
For a shorter course you could have 6 riders but I would not suggest going any higher than that. 4 is a good number.

Great stuff, thanks for posting!

Next time tell me as I would have loved to join you guys. Either as a team or maybe even solo?!

Spent some time reviewing my GoPro footage over the weekend, then saw this video Go Fast, Take Chances: Muni Addition
Made me realise there’s a lot more room for improvement in my riding style.

There’s a couple of nice little downhill sections on the track that are hard earned from the uphill to get to them. I’d love to be able to pump down them like these guys do.

PS For those unfamiliar with the event, course map is here http://selfpropelled.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Mont2013_Course_Final.jpg

They don’t do solo riders in the Mont any more, only teams of 4 or 6. I think for that you need to do the Scott. 24hrs solo on a unicycle would be one mighty achievement.

I’ll let you know for next year, Rob and I were hoping to ask self propelled to have a unicycle category, would be good to field a couple of teams in that case.

ps uniproshow I think I saw you busking late last year in Darling Harbour near Imax. Would have said hi but I was running late for dinner and you were wearing a madonna mic which freaked me out a little bit. Juggling fire I was ok with, mic’s aren’t my friends.

dragonzfly

That’s a really good write up. Good also that the MTB guys were so nice to you all. At first I though you were talking minutes and I though what the heck. The I realized you meant hours :astonished: That is some going.
Good pics, the shirts look neat.:slight_smile:

We should definitely try and get a few teams together for next year. How cool would it be to have 3 or 4 unicycle teams?!

That might have been me at Darling Harbour. Usually I don’t perform there as I’m at circular quay but every now and then I’ll perform by the Imax. Next time say hi. Madonna mic’s are a bit freaky though so I understand. :slight_smile:

A few more photos.

I bought some photos from the company that was there over the weekend.
They came out pretty well.

Awesome pics :smiley:

Be easy on yourself. Max is trials world champ.

Congratulations and thanks for the great write-up.

Having done a couple uni teams, I love reading about others’ experiences. As you mentioned, mtn bikers gave nothing but respect and cheers to us - nothing negative ever. They think what we do is super-human, instead of just hard work.

Brian McKenzie once did that race solo.

Any of you want to do the Husky100 that is coming up in 2 weeks? I just registered for the 100km option…but there is a 50km option. Would love to have some other one wheeled company. Can find more info and register here: https://www.iadventure.com.au

2014 Mont

Anyone in Aus planning to do the Mont next year? Tickets on sale tomorrow. Not sure if I am up for it again or not but interested to know if anyone else is planning to.

I would raise my hand as it’s sounds like a great fun race.

It was one of the best races I’ve ever done.
99% Single track.
I’d love to do it again this year.
I think Best option would be to do it on an ungeared 29er as I did not really get the chance to use high gear much.

Rob

Hey Gang,
Funny this should come up today. I rode in a 12hour night race on the weekend just gone, the Rockwheelers Dam Dark (http://www.rockwheelers.com.au/index.php/events/damdark). Was a great race, shorter 7.5 km laps on three different loops, 4 hours on each loop. It was a fair bit more rocky and had steeper hills than the mont, so I set out to do a lap of each course. I did that without too much trouble, even won a kebab and a trophie for the slowest starting lap!

You guys probably haven’t heard of the Dam Dark, and thats because its in Townsville. We moved up here earlier in the year, so it really doesn’t seem like i’ll make the mont next year :frowning: first time in a few years :frowning: :frowning:

Although, if I trade the new brake I asked for for christmas for flights to Canberra…

PS Ungeared 29er Rob? Does this mean you’ve expanded your collection?
Definitely support it as the right ride for the XC enduros