Mondo 2005

I just walked in the door after a long flight back to Memphis but I had to post this now.

The MONDO 2005 was a fantastic success for me! I loved reconnecting with all my MONDO buddies and learning so much in such a short time. Special thanks to Gilby who braved Friday, 5:00 p.m. traffic to pick Marquise and me up at the airport and Connie Cotter who came in early on Saturday just to give a little uni-coaching advice - as she did throughout the weekend. Another of the many highlights for me was on Friday night when we all got together for a game of unicycle Simon Says (it was actually “Sky Says” - Sky, the name of the caller) After about 50 of us were quickly out, the remainder of the TCUC members preceded to give the rest of us a clinic on freestyle moves as they duked it out for the MONDO Sky Says Championship. Wow! Where else can to get that close to all those world champions and learn from them? The TCUC performance team gave a great demonstration and gave me many ideas for our little club. The MONDO Spectacular show was amazing and the TCUC performance there set a creative and artistic standard that I believe will usher in a new level of performance creativity. Everything, as always, was wonderfully organized and very professional. Everybody that I know who attended had a great time. I can’t wait until next year! If you haven’t done so already, mark your calendar NOW for next year’s event!

Tommy

Hey Tommy,

Sorry I missed it. Did you get any photos???

Mojoe

Mojo, I was sorry that you couldn’t make it. You were missed.

Amazingly enough, I didn’t get any photos. I was seriously focused on learning new stuff and never got out my camera. I was totally caught up in the moment - that just happened to last 36 hours!

Tommy

it was indeed a blast. i met quite a few people and uni/juggled my ass off. even toook off to downtown with max and some people for some trials. it was awesome. i’ve got quite a few pictures and some video that my roommate is currently compiling into a video that we’ll post in a week or so. the TCUC artistic show(s) were (as always) fantastic. motivation to work on some freestyle skills.