Moab MUnifest

So Nathan, just out of curiosity, in terms of numbers of unicyclistis, I have read there were about 68, any idea how many were guys and how many gals?

Erin, hoping she is not going to be too badly outnumbered if she joins the Moab riders next year…:slight_smile:

Re: Moab MUnifest

Um…there were a few young girls riding, but as far as the big rides went,
I think we were pretty much lacking in female unicyclists. Katy rode her
bike, Megumi and Judy walked the big rides (although rode around in camp),
Charlene didn’t ride…I’m drawing a blank here…

Erin, we needed you and our housemate Louise who couldn’t come. Don’t worry
about being outnumbered - it’s all fun all the time regardless.

—Nathan

“Erin” <Erin.lao8p@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:Erin.lao8p@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> So Nathan, just out of curiosity, in terms of numbers of unicyclistis, I
> have read there were about 68, any idea how many were guys and how many
> gals?
>
> Erin, hoping she is not going to be too badly outnumbered if she joins
> the Moab riders next year…:slight_smile:

Re: Re: Moab MUnifest

Definitely it looked like a major good time, Nathan. Yup, I’m putting that one on my list for next year and maybe I can talk some other Vancouver uni riders to come along as well, maybe even another girl or two!:smiley:

Erin

MUni Girls

From the roster, I saw there were about 10 girls or so signed up for the ride. There was one older (by older, I mean older than 10) female; used to be a competitor in freestyle events at the Unicons… Can’t remember her name at the moment… can anyone help me out?
But no, not that many girls. It would make the event a little better looking if more riders of the female persuasion showed up (sorry Nathan, but you’re not my type).

By the way, I’m doomed. Now that I’ve gotten the new stainless steel MUni frame, I’m going to be shelling out some cash to build something better than my Schwinn. I must say, however, that my piece of Schwinn won me the intermediate uphill race…

-Paco

Re: Moab MUnifest

In article <paco.lau0z@timelimit.unicyclist.com>,
paco <paco.lau0z@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:
)
)From the roster, I saw there were about 10 girls or so signed up for the
)ride. There was one older (by older, I mean older than 10) female; used
)to be a competitor in freestyle events at the Unicons… Can’t remember
)her name at the moment… can anyone help me out?

Carol Bricker. She won a number of the intermediate competitions.
I don’t think she rode on Slickrock though–I know she didn’t do the
whole trail at least.
-Tom

Re: Re: Moab MUnifest

Yup, I know, really old thread, but since I knew the answer to the above, thought I’d add it in since ERIN it is NEVER TOO EARLY to start planning your SPRING TRIP TO MOAB.

Carol at a minimum rode the full “practice loop” which is about 3 miles or so of very similar terrain to that in the main Slickrock Trail. I know she rode it because she blew by me, making it look very easy on her freestyle unicycle. She then went back and dominated in several of the games. I spoke with her later and she mentioned it was pretty much her first offroad experience. Guess if you’re a champion in the gym it’s not that tough a transition, regardless of your gear.

So Erin, I think you should just plan your spring get-together with the Seattle riders to occur in Moab next year. Hopefully JC and I can recruit a larger representation this time. We’ll just have to look extra hard to find something Harper can do to get himself arrested.

Carol is not only a fantastic unicyclist, but a really great person, and helped with my daughter this summer in MN. She substituted for a missing unicyclist in her club’s very complex routine with only one practice. It’s not surprising to hear of her melting rock in Moab.

Carol, if you are reading this, thanks again! I sent a message to your club but have no idea if you guys received it.