moab & men's fitness photographer

Can’t find the article in Mens Fitness

I just visited my local Borders book store. I picked up the June/July issue of Mens Fitness and could not find the article. I looked through all the listings in the index and couldn’t find the article. I put the magazine back. Can anyone help me with this, article title, page number…

I wish that site had a slide show feature. Sure would make viewing those pics a lot faster and easier. Dang, I wish I went to Moab.

Re: Can’t find the article in Mens Fitness

The TOC listing for the article is totally generic, like something that doesn’t change from month to month. It’s in there. I don’t have the mag with me to see what page it was on. Look for a giant, distorted picture of Kris Holm! I think it’s in the first half of the mag.

I paged all the way through Men’s Health at my local supermarket. Even after reading John Childs’ advice I got the magazine title wrong. I did not feel embarrassed. Then I had to page through Mens Fitness. Still no embarrassment. Hmm. I knew what the title picture looked like, so I wasn’t slowing down for anything else, like sex articles. Maybe that had something to do with it? :smiley:

The article was a nice bit of unicycling for the mainstream public, but very light on information and presenting a slightly “distorted” image of us. I found it very interesting how the photographer wanted specific imagery. The end results were pretty cool, but It looks like each rider spent more than an hour doing all the shots!

Beware of reporters that want to “do a story on you” and arrive with similar preconcieved ideas of how the story will turn out before they ask you any questions. You can usually detect this when the questions keep being about the wrong stuff. Been there.

The 2 mph average speed we probably did on Amasa Back was probably true, counting all our stops. We stopped a lot and mostly we weren’t in a hurry that day. The photographer/reporter would have seen a very different scene on the Downieville ride at MUni Weekend last fall! There, the front group was going so fast I was worried they weren’t going to stop and let the rest of us regroup!

Re: Re: Can’t find the article in Mens Fitness

My comments about being embarrassed was all tongue in cheek. :wink:

I was most impressed by the photo of the female rock climber on the back page of the magazine. The first thing I noticed was the way that she had tied her shoe. She must be a unicyclist. Only a unicyclist would tie their shoe that way. :slight_smile:

For everyone’s information, this thread is 2 years old. So don’t go out to the local grocery store and try to find this issue of the magazine. If you are looking for sex tips however…

“Tan?” That’s nothing more than skin damage. For me, it’s full-spectrum 60 spf Sunscreen EVERY DAY, rain or shine. I have to get mine from Canada since “mexoryl sx” is not sold in the USA; yet. :smiley: