Moab Excitement!

I am super excited! This will be my second year and I loved last year. See ya’ll there.

O man I only have one more working day left before I head out, I can’t wait. I think I pretty much have everything ready to go, just need to stuff it all in a bag or two and make sure I’m not overweight.

Also for those of you worried about 150’s being too short, I will be riding with 137’s on my 26" wheel although I did pick up some 150’s just incase :p.

Yeah, one more work day. :slight_smile:

Then my first ever Moab. :smiley: :smiley:

Weather should be OK. Good temps and only a slight chance of rain. Sunday looks fantastic. This from the national weather service website:

Thursday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 68. North wind around 5 mph becoming west. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 44. South wind between 5 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Friday: A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a high near 67. North wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Friday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 39.

Saturday: A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a high near 68.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 73.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 42.

On the Slickrock main loop: Clockwise or counter-clockwise?

Personally, I think counter-clockwise is more fun (opposite the “recommended direction of travel”). The highest altitude of the ride is near Shrimp Rock, so you get there faster, and have more sustained downhill, if you do it counter-clockwise.

Woooooo. It is four in the morning and I leave the house in like five minutes, I’m super excited… and cold…

Its 1 in the morning and I haven’t packed anything yet! I dont know when I am leaving either…sometime hopefully before noon.
yay

At one oclock I had just finished packing and was in bed. Wooo 3 hours sleep.

its 130 and I just found some knee pads to bring!!! yaaay!!! ohh and i havnt packed a single other thing w00t w00t! Stupid video games :smiley:

It’s 8:00 and I don’t leave until 5:30 tomorrow morning (Friday)
Oh the joys of living 4 hours from Moab…

And Tom, I’m looking forward to riding with you, too. I haven’t ridden very much at all in the past year, but none of the rides this year seem that epic, so I should be fine.

9:30 in the morning and I’m at work :angry: . Van’s all loaded up with unis and I’m leaving as soon as I can get out of here this afternoon. 6 hour drive for me. I’ll either show up at the campground late tonight or stop somewhere along the way and get there early. Anybody know if they’ve got wireless internet at the campground?

Wooo I’m in Denver airport, just an hour and a bit away from hopping on the plane to grand junction then like 2.5 hours until moab!!!

115 and im waiting for Spencer to get here so we can boogie on down yalls!! I tried riding my muni across my porch today…Kinda painful…so If someone needs painkillers while were out there…Il be going by the name of Poncho! ha jk but that reminds me to bring some for my knee so if someone gets fugged up hardcore. il be there with some pills :smiley:

if I do something stupid I’ll make sure your there then.

ha, when did cody mind pain;)

Haha. You slackers. I’ve been here practically forever already. Registered already even.

Yo ma nizzies, this is Cody on Pences comp

HAhaha you actually took some of my painkillers a couple hours ago :smiley:

and now its 12:30 am and im going to bed for hte ride tomorrow im actually ride a good deal on my effed up knee thanks to ibuprofene(sp?)

I had always heard “clockwise”, and that’s the direction I took two years ago. It worked fine, but somewhere near the halfway point, there came AspenMike, all by himself, chugging counter-clockwise on a mission. Did make me think maybe he knew something I didn’t…

At that point, I almost turned around and followed him, but it felt too much like the guy who swam half-way across the lake, didn’t think he could make it, and turned around and swam back.

Good luck to all the riders this weekend. Wish I could be there. Maybe later this year, and on a bigger wheel… :slight_smile:

so hows Moab?

Sucks to be me.

So here I am at my first Moab fest and I spend half the first day in the hospital with some medical ‘issues.’ Doc says ‘Don’t risk a fall’ so I’m not able to ride. I was really looking forward to it. I went out this morning to watch and take a few photos. Rainy, rainy day which made for some pretty interesting UPDs. Now I’m sitting in a Moab coffee shop watching it rain outside. Heading home a day early. Met some really great people here. I’ll be back next year.

yea it was raining in Nebraska too really bad, drying up now, hope it doesnt start to rain some more. Unicycling in my basement, send me the pics, and any vids anyone got there plz (excuse my grammer).

People always post their pictures and vids afterwards. Be patient because it is only half way over…