Moab challenge ride competition, your thoughts?

I thought given the complexity of having that many people compete, it went very well. I thought the prizes were spread around pretty fairly. In our “group” the best riders had more wins. I would like to see a longer “race” with down hill and up hill in it. Also, as Terry has said, some age classification would be nice. But that would make it more complex.
I think the Rolf, John and the others who put this on deserve a lot of credit and a big hand!

I felt like I barely did any riding, but I really hated the dinner.

Last years was way more fun imo because you could ride and actually talk to people.

I also missed the first part of the comp because my alarm clock didn’t go off, but oh well:o

I liked the dinner, id rather it be inside like this year then outside like last year. I dont know about next year though, cause we filled up the biggest building in Moab, so it probably will be moved outside again lol.

Only part of the dinner I didnt like was the award system. The pro section, IMO should be called up there first, but some people from the pro section didnt get called up until the last 6 people. So even though they won the harder of the competitions, they only got a sticker.

Comon Miles, you guys ordered your own PIZZA! I had thought of that, but nobody in our group wanted to do it! But I have to agree with you Miles. I thought the dinner and awards ceremony was waaaaaay overlong! It took over an hour JUST to get through the buffet line! And I got the very last meatball! :astonished:

Then was was the awards ceremony…it went on and on and on…too much taking and announcements imo. I had to take a break and go outside, where I found others saying that they couldn’t take all that talking. I figured I wasn’t the only one. But still, overall I enjoyed everything!:smiley:

Haha maybe because you were really late? You missed friday and part of saturday.

I agree about the dinner, wayyyy too many announcements. I liked it last year where we were hanging out and riding everyone else’s stuff. The nice thing about having it inside was it didnt get cold and dark but I would still rather have it like last year. We were riding outside before the announcements started and that was cool.

well last year I missed friday too but it still felt like i did more riding.

I don’t really want to sound like I hate this event because it is still really fun, but I also liked the trails last year more, like porcupine rim.:o

Hmm, this year was the most fun I’ve had out the the three years I’ve been to Moab MF now.

There was plenty of riding if you did it all, after the Friday skatepark ride there was the slickrock trail, just most riders seemed to stop at certain sections and not finish. Saturdays ridin may have seemed so short but that was not because of the comps, but due to the weather, we were supposed to do some of hte slickrock trail after the lil competitions but the rain kinda ended that for us, blame the weather on that one ;). Sundays trail was pretty good once you got past the first couple miles of the trail, if I had to design a perfectly irratible muni trail I would have taken the first mile of that trail(Uphil soft sand with sparatic lil ricks) But once you got past the first turn around spot there were some of the best lines I have ever ridin! Still that first section was…yeah…I think if we were givin a lil better weather operatunity the weekend would have been an even better success! I jsut want to see the photo and footy from the Mountain Dew guys and those other photographers out there!

I noticed that too. Like on the last ride on sunday, I swear only about 35 people made it to the top of the arch and back. I made tons ofs tops for riding lines and getting footage, but every day I did the whole trail. The last one took about 10 hours cause of all the lines we stayed at to keep riding, and climbing ontop of the arch took a while.

We didn’t make it to the arch, we kinda had to get back to pack and drive home.

I didn’t like on that ride how everyone was so spread out. Oh well.

Yeh I wish we were a lil closer together on the trails, it was hard to even see who all was there at the trail that day…

Yeah and if some friends hadnt ditched me and I had actually found Justin before I was halfway down It would have made the ride more enjoyable. The first mile or so sucked.

Ha yeah, I was riding with Cody until he ditched me. He was about 50 feet in front of me walking up a hill with someone and I was riding then I caught up to them and they were right in front of me so I got off. They then got on and rode away and I walked for a while because I had been riding a lot then I didn’t see Cody for about a mile then Justin found me.
So we just rode some, hung out in the shade and looked for trials lines. I think we made it farther than 2 miles and decided it wasnt very fun so we went back. We went exploring in a cave then got back to the cars and then Justin decided to go back again and find everyone else…I stayed there eating cheez-its and then I went to sleep.

Ah come on man your just too slow ;). Lol sry bout that, I was tryin to get a gap to go ahead to maintenence my uni, I found out the prob wasnt really the seat post shim, I also didnt have all the bolts tightened all the way from swapping seat posts…DUR DE DUR!!!