mini 12" bc wheel (with platforms)

Now that you learned to make small bc wheels make a large one like 36".

While I doubt it is Aircraft grade materials, I still bet I could easily bend the platforms at my scrawny weight of 140lbs…

I want a hub and crankset that’s stronger than Profiles! One that Ryan Atkins oculdn’t break.

can i have a bronze statue of a monkey riding a unicycle? make sure the unicycle is aircraft quality metal tho…! can u make that for me??? :thinking:

Ive actually seen ryan bend a Hub/Crankset that was stronger than profiles, he was hoppin off a rock climbin wall…

Oh and make me an airfoil rim but weld 2 together and make a 72" rim…

What kind of an aircraft would be made of bronze?
Whatever, make me one too, that would be great. Thanks.

I think he means a bronze monkey on an aircraft grade Unicycle… Actually I know. I am kinda talking to him right now…

kind of off topic, but has anyone tought a monkey how to ride a uni? ive seen pics of a monkey thats mad crazy at skateboarding, so we should teach a chimp how to do trials!!!

Monkey Trials!!!

wildmonk.jpg

What hub and crankset was that? The SH 8 spline KH-like one? I don’t think there is any chance it is nearly as strong as profiles (hence the breakage).

Also, why are you people being assholes? This little dude is cool in my book so long as he stops trying to sell us stuff in the manner that he did. I wish I knew how to do any of that stuff when I was his age. Hell, I wish I could do some of it now (I.E. weld). As long as he stops being annoying by trying to sell us stuff, I think we should be supportive. Let him show off the cool stuff he’s making. It may not be impressive by our standards but its really good for a 13 year old.

Damn Straight!!

Re: mini 12" bc wheel (with platforms)

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 23:29:08 -0500, “Goatman!” wrote:

>kind of off topic, but has anyone tought a monkey how to ride a uni? ive
>seen pics of a monkey thats mad crazy at skateboarding, so we should
>teach a chimp how to do trials!!!

Off Topic indeed. But I have a video (downloaded from a site of
antique films) of a chimpanzee riding a unicycle.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“I (…) made it without dying, which means mere mortals can do it. - John Foss”

Re: Re: mini 12" bc wheel (with platforms)

Well, are you going to share?

Re: Re: Re: mini 12" bc wheel (with platforms)

i think andrew carter posted that footage 2 years ago…he had the chimp avitar for awile too.

this is in responce to catboys “While I doubt it is Aircraft grade materials”.

first off my family has 2 private airpalnes so we know 4130

2 we got the metal from a guy the MAKES his own airplanes

3 it melted a cobalt drill bit. that is a drill bit that is made to drill any thing including titanum

Aside:

Shouldn’t titanium be easier to drill than steel? It is like half as dense, and only the same strength.

But 4130 is nothing but an alloy steel. Its the same thing many unicycle and bike frames are made out off, and I know that I have drilled through a few frames for various reasons with regular steel drill bits, and they didn’t get dulled to badly. I haven’t used any of my cobalt bits on a frame yet, because those things were expensive, and I only use them on cars.

But it makes me wonder if you tried to force it through without letting it bore the hole quick enough, cause I know I’ve ruined a few bits doing that, or possibly the bit was defective.

Did it literally melt the bit? Because that would suggest EXTREME heat build up, and cobolt steel requires something like 2700 degrees F to melt, and 4130 is only like 2600, so the 4130 would melt before the cobalt.

It makes me wonder because I know that cold working and machining 4130 are both readily done with little problems.

the tip melted so its like all nareled up now

it might not be 1430 but it is sure strong

also when we were useing the all purpose bits, we heated the metal up so much that it hardend?

any gesses?

HEre Are 2 Pics of the drop and the after effect, the drop was like 8 or 9 feet…